Gayle's Cancer Updates

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Gayle's Cancer Updates

Post by Jackielou »

Gayle, I am sending you a gentle hug. Stay as strong as I know you to be.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:29 am
Gayle, I am sending you a gentle hug. Stay as strong as I know you to be.
Thank you Jackie.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Update:

I drank pureed chicken soup several times a day for most of a week because I was not able to handle larger food particles rubbing on my tongue. My tongue still has that funny-tingly feeling you get after being at dentist for shots & drilling, the not-quite-unnumbed feeling.

Today is 15 days out since my last chemo infusion, and I feel pretty good beyond yesterday’s exhausting experiences. No additional hair loss has happened, though this morning I felt like my whole body from top of scalp thru chest & belly area down to my knees HURTS. Despite those aches, I do feel okay.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinty

Post by rinty »

Oh Gayle, this has been a rotten time for you. Really hope these treatments will be over soon and you can heal. x

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:43 pm
Update:

I drank pureed chicken soup several times a day for most of a week because I was able to handle larger food particles rubbing on my tongue. My tongue still has that funny-tingly feeling you get after being at dentist for shots & drilling, the not-quite-unnumbed feeling.

Today is 15 days out since my last chemo infusion, and I feel pretty good beyond yesterday’s exhausting experiences. No additional hair loss has happened, though this morning I felt like my whole body from top of scalp thru chest & belly area down to my knees HURTS. Despite those aches, I do feel okay.
Gayle I cannot imagine what you are going through but glad that despite it you seem to carry on with a positive attitude. I do hope and pray things will continue to improve and that the pain is less every day. Sending love, prayers, and ((hugs)). Your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Gayle, I’m SO proud of you for handling all of this with such grace and strength. I know you don’t think you’ve been strong but we all see that this terrible disease was no match for you. The end of your treatments is near and I hope that 2020 is a wonderful new year for you. (((Hugs)))