Gayle's Cancer Updates

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Gayle's Cancer Updates

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:05 am
Gayle I hope things begin to turn around for you soon. Take care. Love,((hugs)), and prayers. Your friend Janet
Thank you Janet.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dgflorida wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:29 am
Thoughts and prayers for you Gayle.
Thank you DG.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

A few days ago in our daily check-in, I said that the bone/muscle pain & coldness is gone.

I have since decided that is not completely accurate. More that it is not felt in daytime, I think between the delightful wood heat & me being more active. However, at night-time, I Definitely feel the deep-bone-and-muscle coldness and pain in my thighs and my arms. I also feel this coldness & pain in daytime IF I have been sitting in the same position for a long-time without moving.

I have mentioned aching on my left side (also in daily-check-in), that is different, and related mainly to storm pressure which I feel so acutely since my last foot/ankle surgery.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:59 am
Hello friends,

A few days ago in our daily check-in, I said that the bone/muscle pain & coldness is gone.

I have since decided that is not completely accurate. More that it is not felt in daytime, I think between the delightful wood heat & me being more active. However, at night-time, I Definitely feel the deep-bone-and-muscle coldness and pain in my thighs and my arms. I also feel this coldness & pain in daytime IF I have been sitting in the same position for a long-time without moving.

I have mentioned aching on my left side (also in daily-check-in), that is different, and related mainly to storm pressure which I feel so acutely since my last foot/ankle surgery.

Gayle sorry to hear you are still dealing with so much. Have you asked your Drs how long the affects of chemo might last? Then again it might be each person's body reacts differently due to the nature of their particular surgery and chemo.

Enjoy the time you have without the family today. Everyone needs a break now and then. Glad your DH is taking the kids out for something to give them a change of pace and to give you some breathing room. Do not overdo things. It has not been that long since you had your last chemo treatment.
Janet Alliesmama

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:39 am
Gayle sorry to hear you are still dealing with so much. Have you asked your Drs how long the affects of chemo might last? Then again it might be each person's body reacts differently due to the nature of their particular surgery and chemo.

Enjoy the time you have without the family today. Everyone needs a break now and then. Glad your DH is taking the kids out for something to give them a change of pace and to give you some breathing room. Do not overdo things. It has not been that long since you had your last chemo treatment.
Chemo’s effects can last for weeks or months, and yes, they depend on how each person’s body reacts to the medicine.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I have realized that I cannot smell anything, other than the most powerful smells. Could be good, but also bad as I cannot smell natural gas if we were to have a leak.

In other news, my hair is growing back, maybe 1/16 of an inch since Tuesday’s shave. Dh says I need to shave with a “razor & cream” if I really want my hair to grow fast.