Gayle's Cancer Updates

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Gayle's Cancer Updates

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:14 am
I have realized that I cannot smell anything, other than the most powerful smells. Could be good, but also bad as I cannot smell natural gas if we were to have a leak.

In other news, my hair is growing back, maybe 1/16 of an inch since Tuesday’s shave. Dh says I need to shave with a “razor & cream” if I really want my hair to grow fast.
Glad to hear you hair is coming back.
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:14 am
I have realized that I cannot smell anything, other than the most powerful smells. Could be good, but also bad as I cannot smell natural gas if we were to have a leak.

In other news, my hair is growing back, maybe 1/16 of an inch since Tuesday’s shave. Dh says I need to shave with a “razor & cream” if I really want my hair to grow fast.
Great news on the hair growing back.

I think you would probably be able to smell rotten eggs. That is the scent they add up here in Canada to natural gas. I would think it was the same in the United States.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:30 am
Great news on the hair growing back.

I think you would probably be able to smell rotten eggs. That is the scent they add up here in Canada to natural gas. I would think it was the same in the United States.
You are probably correct about the natural gas. It is a fairly pungent scent.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Yesterday was a REALLY UNHAPPY day for me. This is what I wrote in my Facebook Cancer group (which some of you may have already seen). The “other stuff in another forum” I refer to is here, over in my frugal attempts journal in the Challenges board.
—————————
I am SO ANGRY today!!

Mostly due to stuff happening at home (which I vented about in another forum), but also because I read something I wrote 2 years ago. I was so excited for my 20th Anniversary (this month), and all the things I wanted to do for it. Now that day is nearly here, and I have accomplished none of those plans!! Plus I’m just angry about the cancer again, and angry about the hurtful, thoughtless comments people have said to me (including from my siblings & my husband)!!!

Somedays I just feel like I can’t win at this life, and I feel like giving up!!!😢😢😢😢

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

by gaylejackson2 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:46 am

Yesterday was a REALLY UNHAPPY day for me. This is what I wrote in my Facebook Cancer group (which some of you may have already seen). The “other stuff in another forum” I refer to is here, over in my frugal attempts journal in the Challenges board.
—————————
I am SO ANGRY today!!

Mostly due to stuff happening at home (which I vented about in another forum), but also because I read something I wrote 2 years ago. I was so excited for my 20th Anniversary (this month), and all the things I wanted to do for it. Now that day is nearly here, and I have accomplished none of those plans!! Plus I’m just angry about the cancer again, and angry about the hurtful, thoughtless comments people have said to me (including from my siblings & my husband)!!!

Somedays I just feel like I can’t win at this life, and I feel like giving up!!!😢😢😢😢
{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Unfortunately cancer treatment creates a roller coaster of emotions. Those emotions are not limited to the patient. They effect the entire family. my late husband died of cancer almost 27 years ago. When he was diagnosed his cancer had already spread to his brain. In 1992 when he was diagnosed he had less than a 10% survival rate.

Please vent in this group we are here to listen, we care deeply about you and your family.

Penny

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

itspennyc wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:25 pm
{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Unfortunately cancer treatment creates a roller coaster of emotions. Those emotions are not limited to the patient. They effect the entire family. my late husband died of cancer almost 27 years ago. When he was diagnosed his cancer had already spread to his brain. In 1992 when he was diagnosed he had less than a 10% survival rate.

Please vent in this group we are here to listen, we care deeply about you and your family.

Penny
Thanks Penny!