Gayle's Cancer Updates

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: Gayle's Cancer Updates

Post by frugalmom »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:39 pm Thank you Patty.

I hope you are doing well with your own recovery.
How are you doing Gayle!? Hanging in there?! Make sure to pace yourself and most importantly rest! Sending you LOVE and prayers that you are feeling better soon and to help you with the family chaos I am sure when mama doesn't feel well!!! But don't do much...still rest up and let the kids and husband take care of it all!
I know, it is hard to sit there and let them do it bc you think there is too much to do still, but give yourself permission to just let it go-doesn't have to be even close to perfect or even mediocre lol-just think the house will be on survival mode! Let it go....XXXOOO (((HUGS Gayle)))
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

frugalmom wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:33 am How are you doing Gayle!? Hanging in there?! Make sure to pace yourself and most importantly rest! Sending you LOVE and prayers that you are feeling better soon and to help you with the family chaos I am sure when mama doesn't feel well!!! But don't do much...still rest up and let the kids and husband take care of it all!
I know, it is hard to sit there and let them do it bc you think there is too much to do still, but give yourself permission to just let it go-doesn't have to be even close to perfect or even mediocre lol-just think the house will be on survival mode! Let it go....XXXOOO (((HUGS Gayle)))
Thank you EM.
You Are Right. I do need to pace myself, and I Have been trying to do that—well I did better before last week when “I shopped til I dropped,” then I slept half the weekend, and really don't feel back up to doing even half of what I dud last week, and I won't really do that either. 😊
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:39 am Thank you EM.
You Are Right. I do need to pace myself, and I Have been trying to do that—well I did better before last week when “I shopped til I dropped,” then I slept half the weekend, and really don't feel back up to doing even half of what I dud last week, and I won't really do that either. 😊
I knew you would do too much! You are a lot like me! I think a lot of moms of large families are like us bc we are just so used to doing, doing, doing! The hardest thing for us is to sit still bc there is always one more thing to do, and then... oh yeah, I forgot to do that also, so you go on doing that too! It is okay you slept the whole weekend-listen to your body when to rest! So rest up and enjoy some quiet time and just be there for your family (minus the work)-get the kids to help out on simple meals-hey, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are easy! I know my foodie kids are wild-eyed when I mention that-lol! Or even a day with pita bread, hummus, eggplant dip(baba ganoush-easy to make or you can just get from Trader Joe's). Some salami or cold cuts or make pizza naans(or pita ).

Eggplant dip recipe (my version-taught to me by a co-worker who is Bulgarian or Polish I think-forgot now-she used to do all these neat recipes-yum!)-I cut it in half and brush olive oil and garlic powder, salt and black pepper (you can also stuff a few real garlic pieces to roast together into the eggplant itself. Bake about 350-375 degrees til soft maybe about 35 mins. When the flesh is very soft, take off skin and mash eggplant insides with a bit of mayo to soften into dip. I am lazy and sometimes leave the skin inside which I like or use it as the bowl for the mashed eggplant. Dip crackers or pita chips or pita bread or Greek pita(heat up til toasted). In other words, like a charcuterie board-crackers or bread slices with
a variety of cheeses, olives, marinated artichokes-whatever floats your boat! Have the kids design their favorite tray of goodies so you can rest.

Sending you my love and prayers! XXXOOO
rinty

Post by rinty »

Mayo in Baba Ganoush ????? !
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:15 pm Mayo in Baba Ganoush ????? !
To each their own, hmm?😉
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

frugalmom wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:14 pm Eggplant dip recipe (my version-taught to me by a co-worker who is Bulgarian or Polish
That's wild; I learned baba ganoush from a Lebanese guy. He made spectacular food - I told him he should open a restaurant, he told me if cooking ever became work he would live in misery.

Touché!