Daily check in August 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Re: Daily check in August 12, 2019

Post by ownedbydogs »

itspennyc wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:52 am The Affordable Health Care is not perfect. But it is better than no health care.

I know what it is like to be uninsured and worry every single day about a medical emergency. While uninsured I paid out of pocket for laser eye surgery to repair a torn retina. 16 years ago that was $2,105 I have no idea what it would be today. 19 years ago I also paid $1,600 combined to the Dr and surgical center. to have a very painful cyst on my right hand removed.

My late husband had great health insurance for the family. But since he was 54 when he died, I was only eligible for 3 years of COBRA.

I don't know if you are aware that the uninsured pay much more than those that are insured pay both in premiums and co-pays.

I now have Medicare it isn't perfect but it is better than nothing.

I am very tired of your putting down everyone who doesn't agree with you. If I get banned from the forum for this so be it.

I know I am not the only one who feels this way.

Penny
Did I miss something? She said she just listened,not anything bad about it. The urgent care center reduced daughter bill in half because at the time she didn’t have insurance. If no insurance, try to get them to pay just what ins would have paid. Some will.