Daily check in August 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in August 12, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Yes Gayle, it is the plant everyone says is amazingly fragrant. The problem is I can't smell it. LOL. Bad smeller since my first pregnancy. And I can't give it away if it lives because I am sure she will ask about it and be mad if I give it away. Sometimes, she is generous and other times crabby. Some of my neighbors are pretty unique.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I agree with you Penny. I figure the uninsured have a worse time. But I am unfamiliar with it since I went straight from employer to medicare. I was hopeful that there would be some intelligent responses regarding "Obamacare" that I could bring to her attention. But alas, several people here are more interested in shooting the messenger, so to speak. Well, it is educational.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Good afternoon all -
Up shoveling out the house today for the cleaners. I wish I were tidy - also thin, rich, smart, younger, beautiful, in a relationship with Jason Momoa - oops sorry - got carried away there.

Our best friends drove up yesterday and we went out to eat with them. Our state fair is in full swing and a restaurant we like has a special state fair horseshoe and my friend's hubs loves them. Horseshoes, for anyone who hasn't heard of them, were invented here in Springfield and are an open faced sandwich where the meat is covered with fries and then a special cheese sauce poured over all. Unbelievably good. The state fair sandwich has a grilled rib eye, italian sausage with onions and peppers, and corn dogs. You wouldn't catch me touching it, but our buddy thinks all that meat is the bees knees.

So not much accomplishment yesterday and today. As soon as the cleaners go, I am going to tear into my pantry. It is stuffed to the gills and totally disorganized. Lord knows what I will find. Well another scintillating post - off to get something more done - have a good day all.

CG
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

randamax wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:54 am And honestly, there are some here who swear at it as well. As with most things, I'm sure it has it's good and bad points.
On a persona level, before Obamacare DH and I were paying $1,644 a month, (2013) in 2014 under Obamacare we just paid $1,000 a month, same care. we were very thankful.

Now we are on Medicare, no complaints,

IC
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

"I was hopeful that there would be some intelligent responses regarding "Obamacare" that I could bring to her attention. But alas, several people here are more interested in shooting the messenger"

Oh DG - DG - DG
No you weren't. There was nothing about asking for input or responses or what do you think. These persistent digs are text book passive aggressive behavior. No one is shooting the messenger - just the mode of delivering it.

The political posts on this forum over the years have been heated and educational and intense. If you want to make a political statement, start a thread, mark it political and state your point and then be ready to defend it with facts - because that is what will be demanded. But if you want people to get off your back, stop- dropping this little political smack downs in other topics. Nobody is fooled.

But since you brought it up, my advice to your friend is that she should look around and see what other kinds of insurance she can buy for $800 per month. I doubt she will find much. I am sorry she has to pay - but hubs group insurance is 60% subsidized by his former employer and we pay over $500 monthly for our share of his coverage and 100% of mine. I had quotes 10 years ago of private insurance for the 2 of us in retirement running about 2300 per month. As Penny says, maybe the best advice for her is to suggest gratitude she is able to get health insurance at all.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

colonialgirl wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:55 pm Good afternoon all -
Up shoveling out the house today for the cleaners. I wish I were tidy - also thin, rich, smart, younger, beautiful, in a relationship with Jason Momoa - oops sorry - got carried away there.

Our best friends drove up yesterday and we went out to eat with them. Our state fair is in full swing and a restaurant we like has a special state fair horseshoe and my friend's hubs loves them. Horseshoes, for anyone who hasn't heard of them, were invented here in Springfield and are an open faced sandwich where the meat is covered with fries and then a special cheese sauce poured over all. Unbelievably good. The state fair sandwich has a grilled rib eye, italian sausage with onions and peppers, and corn dogs. You wouldn't catch me touching it, but our buddy thinks all that meat is the bees knees.

So not much accomplishment yesterday and today. As soon as the cleaners go, I am going to tear into my pantry. It is stuffed to the gills and totally disorganized. Lord knows what I will find. Well another scintillating post - off to get something more done - have a good day all.

CG
CG does the one sandwich have the grilled rib eye, Italian sausage, and a corn dog all wrapped up in one sandwich? If so how long do you expect to have this person as a friend?...lol.

I have seen the horseshoe on a menu at Steak and Shake years ago when I was a traveling therapist in IL. Did not know it was created in IL also never felt the need to overload eating it. I can barely eat half of an order of McD's french fries.

Was not sure who Jason Momoa was so looked him up.. woo hoo.. Although I am completely in to being a single Mom for the rest of my life with Teddi being my main man.

I personally am glad that I do not have to worry about my weight since Teddi could care less. I do not want to be rich but a little bit more would not hurt..lol. I try sooooo hard to be tidy but it is still a daily challenge.

Good luck with your pantry. I did mine a week or so ago and I do try to maintain a semblance of organization in it out of necessity. Not enough storage space.
Janet Alliesmama