Does anyone use Hulo or Roku for their tv service

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Does anyone use Hulo or Roku for their tv service

Post by Jackielou »

Quilter51 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:40 am The bottom line is that with a smart TV you don't need a "box" of any kind. You can get app on your TV for most of the streaming programs. If not, you can get an amazon fire stick for forty dollars and plug it into your TV and literally get every streaming program known to man (all of course, which it's own price tag). Everything from a utube pay per view to HBO streaming to sports streaming.

No one can have them all so you just have to look through the offerings and see which ones you think will have the most stuff you would really watch and go from there. Its actually frightening how much stouff there is available. I have 20 series on my watch list on both Amazon and Netflix and we all know I will probably never get all those shows watched.

Because, you know..............life!
My smart tv comes preloaded, and if I didn't have my android box I would be unable to get any of the programs I like. I can even use it for Netflix if I so choose (I use the link on the TV). I can not find an app store to download other than the preset programs. I have an LG 4K UHD 3 month old TV so a newer model. Perhaps the newest models are not so "smart" as they used too be.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Jackie wierd. More likely its the reequirements of that brand and the agreements they made. All smart tvs come with preloaded apps, but almost all, even the new ones allow you do download other apps. I mean the selling point of a smart tv is that you never ever need a box. smart tvs all connect to the internet and you can also use their browser. Its not that the newwer ones are less smart.

The thing below shows how you can add additonal apps to an LG?

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-add-app ... tv-4172379
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

ownedbydogs wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:10 am Roku, cbs,hula and yesterday signed up for Philo. We share them with daughters family. Haven’t figured Philo out yet, but sounds good. 7 day free trial.
Be prepared for philo to want your credit card number after 3 days. Haven’t figured out Philo yet, but looks good.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

ownedbydogs wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:45 am Be prepared for philo to want your credit card number after 3 days. Haven’t figured out Philo yet, but looks good.
I have had Philo for well over a year. I has the cable channels I prefer except for USA. I am living without it.
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

I like Philo very much.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

I, don't understand all this TV streaming stuff and have no one to help me with it. I also don't own a Smart TV. I still have a traditional tube tv in my living room and a 32 inch HD TV which I had gotten for my mother but I now have in my bedroom. My cable bundle costs a small fortune, almost $2800 a year. Would like to do away with it one day but I am partial to having all the Hallmark Channels and I definitely would still need internet because I'm on line all day long when I'm home.