Recession?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Re: Recession?

Post by Dgflorida »

Very interesting point logic. I am surprised that a broker would assume the President had that much power. I sure don't. However, things do work in cycles as a way to balance out extremes. Since I read a lot of this issue, I am of the belief that we are linked to the worldwide economy and for sure it is currently unstable. Germany's negative interest rate, huge debt problems by several EU countries, the mess called Brexit. Europe is a hot potato in my opinion. Unstable. I hear whispers of trade agreements with Asia and now with certain stable South American countries. This is sort of like diversification of a portfolio. The kind of thing a smart investor would do. Interesting observations.

Bev, I don't understand taking out money from your tax deferred accounts. I love mine because I avoid taxes and can still build a nest egg. However, paying down debt is always a good thing.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

DGflorida I am required to start making minimum withdrawals one I am 70 1/2. So I will have to do that in two years.
Bev
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Dgflorida wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:29 am Very interesting point logic. I am surprised that a broker would assume the President had that much power. I sure don't.
I think the office of President has much more power than anyone realizes.
Last edited by LogicsHere on Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

And I have yet ANOTHER CD being called, it was paying just 2.5% till May 2020!!!

It's in my retirement account so I can't move the money (well, of course I can, but it would be a lot of work :( )

Right now I would have to go out 20 years for a 2.5% rate, will I even be alive when I am 88??? :roll:

A one year is paying 1.8% :evil:

IC
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

True Bev, in 2 years the withdrawals must start. Why do it now? I don't understand the thinking. Sorry. What am I missing?
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Sorry Logics, I don't intend to bring politics into this discussion. It was interesting to hear your views. I don't agree with them and I will leave it at that.