Daily Check In August 20th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Daily Check In August 20th

Post by rinty » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:36 am

Sending warm hugs and prayers to Gayle today.

And Logics you are way too nice to that neice, we did that with one son and it doesn't pay off, just sayin'.

DH has been doing too much and last night his cellulitus has flared again in the leg he had the artery harvested from for his quadruple bypass. Very hot to touch and lots of red staining on his leg.

Too much time at the allotment, I think.

Anyway, you see a lot of negative NHS doctor stuff in the papers. We have never seen this ourselves. Today for example, rang, phone answered immediately, went straight to DH notes, meds will be available in 2 hours. Also , yesterday I rang DS surgery ( in another town ) and they gave me an appointment in exactly the slot that fit in best for us. ARe we really just lucky ?

Today visiting with friends who know and care for DS ( so no surprises ! ) A famous family story is the time I drove all the kids to visit with them ( they have a big family too) I drove down the motorway.........DS freed himself from his carseat and was jumping between seats with the other 4 trying to grab him. He chucked his nappy AND clothes out a window and we had other motorists flashing me .............just in case I was somehow UNAWARE this was happening.

Please note...........HAD I stopped the car on a motorway :shock: ( certain death for all ) DS would have merrily leapt out of the window himself.

These same friends drove to meet me at a motorway service station, grabbed DS and thrust him , our oldest child and their oldest child and lead the way to their house.

Bless them.

Mind you it did make my friend chose a career choice, she then decided she would NOT work with the disabled ;)

WE are taking salad stuff with su as shes recovering from an op.

AND courgettes and beans ;) together with a jar of pickled beetroot.

Ironing all done, even did some paperwork. I will garden when our friends leave and look after DH AKA pin him in his chair.

gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check In August 20th

Post by gaylejackson2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:30 am

Hello all,

I’ve been wide awake for an hour, just past 5am here. ☹️ Dh is seemingly sleeping away, good for him!! I guess its the worry over the unknown of today that woke me early.

Plus, the scheduler was to have sent me an email as soon as she got off the phone on Friday afternoon, with directions, and need-to-know information. Well I never got it—I’ve scoured my junk email & spam folders, plus the usual ones, its Not There.☹️😳 So I’ll be calling about 8:15 to get directions on where to go.

I may try to get GF bread made before we go, as that will be a desired commodity in 2-3 days, while I’m still in the healing-&-don't-want-to-do-anything phase.

Maggie, I hope all goes well for you today.

On Friday, dh came home with a vast quantity of food leftover from a company bbq—am going to use some of those cooked beef patties (our kids call them meat cookies😂), dice them, add onions & frozen veggies to make a soup base that I’ll msg ds16 to add gf flour to thicken into stew for dinner.

Yesterday I wound all of my thin yarn off my spindle into a ball. I have another braid of the same color-way of Corriedale roving that I’ll spin up later, and will ply the two together.

For now, last night I started spinning “fat singles,” a thicker strand of yarn than what I usually spin—I almost completed 1/4 of a Greenwood Fiberworks Merino roving last night (black/gray/white/coral-red). I’ll ply it with a dark brown/orangey-red/yellow Merino/Cormo roving from Yampa Valley Fiberworks. It will be interesting to see what the end result will be. 😁😍 Fun too.

May you all have a great day!!
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:38 am

rinty wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:36 am
Sending warm hugs and prayers to Gayle today.

And Logics you are way too nice to that neice, we did that with one son and it doesn't pay off, just sayin'.

DH has been doing too much and last night his cellulitus has flared again in the leg he had the artery harvested from for his quadruple bypass. Very hot to touch and lots of red staining on his leg.

Too much time at the allotment, I think.

Anyway, you see a lot of negative NHS doctor stuff in the papers. We have never seen this ourselves. Today for example, rang, phone answered immediately, went straight to DH notes, meds will be available in 2 hours. Also , yesterday I rang DS surgery ( in another town ) and they gave me an appointment in exactly the slot that fit in best for us. ARe we really just lucky ?

Today visiting with friends who know and care for DS ( so no surprises ! ) A famous family story is the time I drove all the kids to visit with them ( they have a big family too) I drove down the motorway.........DS freed himself from his carseat and was jumping between seats with the other 4 trying to grab him. He chucked his nappy AND clothes out a window and we had other motorists flashing me .............just in case I was somehow UNAWARE this was happening.

Please note...........HAD I stopped the car on a motorway :shock: ( certain death for all ) DS would have merrily leapt out of the window himself.

These same friends drove to meet me at a motorway service station, grabbed DS and thrust him , our oldest child and their oldest child and lead the way to their house.

Bless them.

Mind you it did make my friend chose a career choice, she then decided she would NOT work with the disabled ;)

WE are taking salad stuff with su as shes recovering from an op.

AND courgettes and beans ;) together with a jar of pickled beetroot.

Ironing all done, even did some paperwork. I will garden when our friends leave and look after DH AKA pin him in his chair.
Best wishes to your hubby on recovering from his cellulitis, and to your friend recovering from the operation.

You mentioning taking courgettes (same as zucchini in the states, yes?), reminds me of an old joke when I was a teenager—people would say, “Make sure you lock the car doors at church, or you’d come out to find your backseat full of zucchini!” Well my brothers used to laugh about that, especially as my Mom Would go stuff several zucchinis in various people’s cars on Sundays!! (As I got older, I got to be the one putting stuff in cars, not just fresh veg, but bread too, and sometimes later in the fall, canned veggies or fruits.)

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:47 am

Good morning

I set my alarm for 6 but kept hitting the snooze button

The spirit was willing but the flesh was weak. I've been lounging around and having coffee. But i will start getting ready to hit the trail.

So much for an earlier start - at least i will be out there.

And i do want to take my sometimes walking partner to the food bank truck distribution. She doesn't drive and she told me the other day they were low on food - :( . Hope we get to make it.

Have a great day

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:52 am

Good Morning,

At the office this morning to attend a meeting with the North american CEO who will be in our office. I was one of a couple of handfulls of people invited. Should be interested.

Meanwhile, I am listening in on a teleconference while reading up on a specific product for my phone interview at 1 PM.

Have a great day,
Maggie

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:57 am

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:30 am
Hello all,

I’ve been wide awake for an hour, just past 5am here. ☹️ Dh is seemingly sleeping away, good for him!! I guess its the worry over the unknown of today.

Plus, the scheduler was to have sent me an email as soon as she got off the phone on Friday afternoon, with directions, and need-to-know information. Well I never got it—I’ve scoured my junk email & spam folders, plus the usual ones, its Not There.☹️😳 So I’ll be calling about 8:15 to get directions on where to go.

I may try to get GF bread made before we go, as that will be a desired commodity in 2-3 days, while I’m still in the healing-&-don't-want-to-do-anything phase.

Maggie, I hope all goes well for you today.

On Friday, dh came home with a vast quantity of food leftover from a company bbq—am going to use some of those cooked beef patties (our kids call them meat cookies😂), dice them, add onions & frozen veggies to make a soup base that I’ll msg ds16 to add gf flour to thicken into stew for dinner.

Yesterday I wound all of my thin yarn off my spindle into a ball. I have another braid of the same color-way of Corriedale roving that I’ll spin up later, and will ply the two together.

For now, last night I started spinning “fat singles,” a thicker strand of yarn than what I usually spin—I almost completed 1/4 of a Greenwood Fiberworks Merino roving last night (black/gray/white/coral-red). I’ll ply it with a dark brown/orangey-red/yellow Merino/Cormo roving from Yampa Valley Fiberworks. It will be interesting to see what the end result will be. 😁😍 Fun too.

May you all have a great day!!
Thinking of you, Gayle. Safe travels today. I’m glad that your DH is going with you.