Daily Check In August 21st

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In August 21st

Post by alliesmama4 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:21 pm

2dogs+someCats wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:04 pm
Greetings Friends,

I stayed home from work today. I am SICK (but I will use "vacation time" instead of "sick leave" because my extra sick leave gets paid out in October) - had a fever of 101.7 at 11:30 last night. They tossed me out of work early yesterday. I think I will go back tomorrow...ugh. The work is piling up!!!

I had a couple of tiny naps today, puttered around the house - HAD to get out finally so came to the library a couple of hours ago. Sitting at an outside table so as not to get near people in case I am contagious.

Am hoping for a good night's sleep tonight - last night was rough. I haven't been this sick in forever.
Sheila hope you are better really soon. Take care of yourself.. ((hug)).
Janet Alliesmama

2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:34 pm

Thank you Janet - I appreciate the get well wishes. It is tough to be sidelined! I am headed home -- back to bed -- ugh. Best to you and Teddy!

rinty

Post by rinty » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:54 am

Jackielou wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:07 am
The study will be based on the Lecto divino method of praying. I got an early look at the study guide. I also have a link to the area it is online so can get started on it a bit earlier.

This method uses scripture to pray..... something I have always done for the last 15 or so years.
Jackie, I looked it up, I honestly think this could be a beautiful way of building you up churchwise. Have you seen Pope Benedicts quote on this ? Fabulous. I thought it would make a lovely poster or flyer to encourage people to sign up ? And maybe ( and this is me being "fluffy" with details ) make up with that quote on a cross stitched bookmark for each student. Some people journal when doing this type of study too.

You know the rather naff term " encouraging " when its used in terms of helping someone emotionally ? Sometimes it really is " the little things " and the Fluffy Stuff that reaches people . When I used to be on the presidency of the LDS womesn auxillary I found that stuff used to make a difference. Especially to those who aren't classed as " needy ", as in Must Help Sister Smith All The Time, but those of us who just need an emotional hand up sometimes.

If effectively promoted, this practice will bring to the church................I am convinced of it................a new Spiritual Springtime.

quote by Pope Benedict. So beautiful.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:44 am

Rinty,
I love how you blend and embrace the various faith traditions. I had a 6th grade teacher describe faith as a mountain and the various denominations as paths to the top. I love this image.

Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:23 am

rinty wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:54 am
Jackie, I looked it up, I honestly think this could be a beautiful way of building you up churchwise. Have you seen Pope Benedicts quote on this ? Fabulous. I thought it would make a lovely poster or flyer to encourage people to sign up ? And maybe ( and this is me being "fluffy" with details ) make up with that quote on a cross stitched bookmark for each student. Some people journal when doing this type of study too.

You know the rather naff term " encouraging " when its used in terms of helping someone emotionally ? Sometimes it really is " the little things " and the Fluffy Stuff that reaches people . When I used to be on the presidency of the LDS womesn auxillary I found that stuff used to make a difference. Especially to those who aren't classed as " needy ", as in Must Help Sister Smith All The Time, but those of us who just need an emotional hand up sometimes.

If effectively promoted, this practice will bring to the church................I am convinced of it................a new Spiritual Springtime.

quote by Pope Benedict. So beautiful.
We are having a meeting to set things up as helpers and I am going to use the term guides (I would much rather guide gently than lead) to get books together, the prayer journals ready, and the myriad of little things necessary. Then the advertising begins, hopefully we can manage as many as turned out for the last study session which was over 100. We now run two sessions, afternoon and evening on any study we do as they seem to grow bigger and bigger.

rinty

Post by rinty » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:56 pm

mbrudnic wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:44 am
Rinty,
I love how you blend and embrace the various faith traditions. I had a 6th grade teacher describe faith as a mountain and the various denominations as paths to the top. I love this image.

Maggie
Maggie, one of the Mormon Acts of Faith is ......." We claim the priviledge of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conceiense and allow all men the same , let them worship, who, where or what they may. " Your 6th grade teacher has nailed it, haven't they ?