Daily check-in August 22, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily check-in August 22, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We have rain! Flash flooding overnight. Not much going on here today other than some necessary paperwork and puttering in the kitchen.
Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Re: Daily check-in August 22, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

We also have rain here in SW Ohio. But I don't think we have flash flooding. Storms have been small, impacting small areas at a time lately.

I am thisclose to finishing my niece's quilt. I flipped it so I am only putting binding on one edge. I planned for it to be the top, but sewed it wrong, so the open edge is the bottom.

DS2 messaged last night that he made the Wind Symphony ensemble, which was the group he wanted to be in. Apparently the Percussion group is going to play with the Marching band at the Nov 9 football game. He is working on getting student tickets for me, my parents. I told him to ask his Dad. He complained that he did not want his Dad to bring his GF, I told him that was between the two of them. Of course since I looked up tickets, I am getting all sorts of ads for buying Ohio State football tickets. LOL.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am feeling some better this morning.. I should have taken one of the 30mg sudafed tabs last night. But one thing I did do was check my blood pressure and it was a bit higher about 122/78. My blood pressure is on the high side of low normal. A few times at the drs my blood pressure was too low.

I just started my third tiny Platypus. This one I am knitting with worsted weight yarn. I didn’t think I had the colors I needed, but I have a close brown and a close black. The beak is not true black but more of a very very dark gray. I don’t have that so I am using black. There are not as many color choices of color in worsted weight yarns. As the Knit Picks Palette which has 450 different colors.

Penny
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Its another cool (currently 57*) sunny morning, with daytime high predicted to be low 90’s again. I do not know where your rain is coming from, but it's not from the West. I wish you all well, and hope no one in the group gets flooded

I made a half-week dinner menu last night; opted to make chili on Friday rather than yesterday-we had thin Beefsteaks & sweet-corn on the cob. Tonight will be BLT sandwiches.

I need to make GF bread, and maybe zucchini muffins, today. Didn't do many of yesterday's planned chores other than grocery shopping. I will also mx up more GF flour.

I will try to clean up my kitchen-living room area some today. We are all definitely clutter-bugs.

I will try to go through the clothes from my friend—some of them are too big for my girls. This is an on-going chore.

I also need to put away my clothes, and sort through girls’ clothes. This is another on-going chore.

Today I’m thankful for sunshine, and for AC in the afternoons.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept in this morning, which is something I really did not want happening. Instead of oatmeal this morning before heading out the door on my errands I will grab a protein bar. Lots of calories, but it fills me up and has no cholesterol which is a good thing.

My list really isn't that long today so I am hopeful of getting a few extra things accomplished. Mainly getting the yarn, fabric and notions I purchased on Saturday out of the middle of the sewing/craft room and in their rightful places. That is always something that seems to take me a very long time to get done.

I will also do some dehydrating today. The sage needs a bit of time to regrow from all my snips so I will snip off more parsley as that has not been attacked with my scissors in awhile. I will hit the cucumber patch as well. Pretty sure things have managed to get pretty dire in there and a good picking is needed. Hubby can dig a small bucket of potatoes today and pull an onion or two. Along with what is in the crisper....will be my veggies for the week (except lettuce, that all went to seed, and something enjoyed our kale as much as we did).

I only have 3 more sections of 4" squares to sew together and then add to my larger vision (which really isn't looking the best so it will be kept as my lap blanket). When I use up the heavier weight yarn I am thinking stripes would be the best way to go.

Frugally speaking all errands will be accomplished today, bills will be paid online thus saving time and stamps, I have my coupons ready to use, and will stick to the list (cause really with the grocery stock up there isn't that much we need at this time). It will be another day of using up, wearing out and having fun while doing so. I will be reading my library books and working on various projects for entertainment. Really, other than the errands it is just going to be a regular day on the old homestead.

Supper tonight was supposed to be leftovers from previous suppers, well there isn't enough of anything so I will pull out a bag of frozen ham and warm that up for supper, served with cauliflower cheese, and asparagus and it will be more than enough to make us happy.

Today I am grateful for "enough". We have enough space to enjoy time by ourselves, enough to eat each and everyday, enough to keep us busy, and enough love and support to share with each other and others.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I too slept later than I wanted but, was up for awhile during the night so there's that.

Washing dog rugs this AM, supposed to be dry today so good day to do them and hang on the lines.

We delivered veggie soup to the grands last night, they were thrilled. Kept small amount to have for lunch today. Supper will be home made pizza and salad. I pulled the frozen dough last night to thaw in fridge. Pineapple and ham bits on the pizza and enough dough for a few bread sticks with cheese sauce.

Dogs are so calm this morning, kittens are as wild as March hares...they have vet appointments next month to get neutered. Hope it calms them down. LOL

My new OTC allergy meds seem to be doing the trick, no sinus headaches and overall better feeling.

Need to do kitty litter box cleaning and dust floors, scrub the kitchen on hands and knees...do NOT look forward to doing it but looks so good when done.

Also want to deep clean air ducts and returns, needs done but feeling it, I will be fine once I get started.
Off to read and then get started again.

Jackie, I agree... contented with all I have.
JCKitty