Daily check-in August 22, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily check-in August 22, 2019

Post by rinty »

LWolfT, doesn't it do your head in when posts go POUFFFF???

Very mellow here. DS day out with DD went REALLY well, he has been mellow all day for us too. We trolled off to COSTCO, which he likes cos he gets a hot dog...... ;)

We called it a BREXIT stock up just for kicks and giggles, really good prices. One thing I forgot to post in the Prep thread was, Have a Price Book. That way you can get best deals, and practice your maths skillz at the same time.

Spent some birthday money for DS too. ( Pointless to buy anything he hasn't asked for ) He found two DISNEY colouring and sticker books. Happy as a clam. ;) he got over £200 in birthday money as EVERYBODY decided to give him cash. I've taken him to choose art supplies which were around £25 and he spent a further £20 on COSTCO. He was also eyeballing a beach towel but wouldn't commit to whether he liked it.............as I had no intention of driving ALL THE WAY back to Costco tomorrow........I bought it anyway.

Still eyeballing it, not convinced. It was £3.97 so I don't care, a towel is a towel.

It is HUGE and has surfboards on it. Worst case scenario it becomes the camping towel.

Tuna casserole for dinner followed by trifle.

Yesterdays roasted veggies as a way of Using Up the Courgettes went really well. I made a huge catering size tray of courgettes, red onions, shallot, garlic cloves, beefsteak toms and cherry toms ( all from the allotment ) and some carrots. My brother has given us an assortment of flavoured oils and salts so I went all exotic on them. Very nice indeed ! So repeated it today and have pureed it as a sauce.

Thrilled until DH told me there was YET MORE courgettes at the allotment. Next year we are not growing this many.

Early night beckons, its a Bank Holiday weekend and the sun is supposed to be crackin' the flags.......temps up to 30 ! Everyone rushing to the beaches !

My plan ? Washing the curtains as I'll be able to line dry them ;)

Studying SEN work and SATS level Maths so the children don't out do me once work starts again.

Night All x
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:46 pm LWolfT, doesn't it do your head in when posts go POUFFFF???

Very mellow here. DS day out with DD went REALLY well, he has been mellow all day for us too. We trolled off to COSTCO, which he likes cos he gets a hot dog...... ;)

We called it a BREXIT stock up just for kicks and giggles, really good prices. One thing I forgot to post in the Prep thread was, Have a Price Book. That way you can get best deals, and practice your maths skillz at the same time.

Spent some birthday money for DS too. ( Pointless to buy anything he hasn't asked for ) He found two DISNEY colouring and sticker books. Happy as a clam. ;) he got over £200 in birthday money as EVERYBODY decided to give him cash. I've taken him to choose art supplies which were around £25 and he spent a further £20 on COSTCO. He was also eyeballing a beach towel but wouldn't commit to whether he liked it.............as I had no intention of driving ALL THE WAY back to Costco tomorrow........I bought it anyway.

Still eyeballing it, not convinced. It was £3.97 so I don't care, a towel is a towel.

It is HUGE and has surfboards on it. Worst case scenario it becomes the camping towel.

Yesterdays roasted veggies as a way of Using Up the Courgettes went really well. I made a huge catering size tray of courgettes, red onions, shallot, garlic cloves, beefsteak toms and cherry toms ( all from the allotment ) and some carrots. My brother has given us an assortment of flavoured oils and salts so I went all exotic on them. Very nice indeed ! So repeated it today and have pureed it as a sauce.

Thrilled until DH told me there was YET MORE courgettes at the allotment. Next year we are not growing this many.

Early night beckons, its a Bank Holiday weekend and the sun is supposed to be crackin' the flags.......temps up to 30 ! Everyone rushing to the beaches !

Studying SEN work and SATS level Maths so the children don't out do me once work starts again.

Night All x
Rinty every time you mention you do not know what to do with all of your over abundance of courgettes and I wish I lived closer to you. I would love to have some. When I moved here I planted some in earth boxes on my deck. They blossomed out but never developed in to a veggie. I went on line to see what the problem was. Seems my plants were "Gay." What the heck? They had produced all male or female blossom,forget now what, and they could not even be hand pollinated.. Who knew that could happen..lol.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

hello all,
just an evening update....on the day that somehow got completely off track, list wise.

Pizza dough back into fridge for tomorrow night...DD called, she is going after work with a friend to visit an older man in the assisted living center. He is a former customer of the newspaper they both work for, and I am proud of them for visiting him. So supper for me was the last of the ground beef in a sammich and a glass of tea.

Never did all of the air ducts cleaned...got side tracked cleaning baseboards and that led to doing floors and completely rearranging the furniture. Oh well I can do the air ducts tomorrow.
I also got side tracked sorting the plastic ware...went to get a container...cabinet looked like crap, so I hauled it all out and sorted and disposed of everything with warped sides, missing lids, cracks, stained ...into the recycle container. I have got to get a handle on keeping those containers sorted and in good order.

The temps have gone down and the humidity seems to have lessened also. Tomorrow I will get that dad-blasted weed eater out and use it around here, my days of liking yard work are over. There, I've said it LOL!!!

In my mind I can see myself in a flowing gown, sipping a glass of ??? tip toeing around the yard admiring well kept flowers and lounging on chairs on cleaned patios and decks...the reality is far different. The reality is I can't use the decks in hot, humid weather. And I do not like mowing !

Off to read and catch up

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, the last two times I planted zucchini, the whole crop was gay and produced only male flowers. Gave up after that.

I had a hectic day at work editing photos - many, many photos - for the monthly newsletter. Thank heavens other people write most of the copy and I just have to edit it and do the design and production.

Today I did a rare splurge and ordered pizza for lunch. It was delicious. Also made an Amazon order of new underclothing - due to being down to only two good bras -and a tube of touch-up paint for my car, which got a chip knocked out of the door paint when someone opened a car door and hit it. Perhaps the money saved with doing my own painting will make up for splurging on pizza and underwear! :-D
Mackie
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:46 pm LWolfT, doesn't it do your head in when posts go POUFFFF???

Night All x
Sounds like a fun day for everyone especially your DS.

I chuckled a bit over your description of everyone rushing to the beaches... It was 92* here (about 33.333 for you), but Tuesday Dh & I were dying in SLC, it was 102* as we left SLC valley (38.889 for you).

Regarding the courgettes, I planted 2 green and 2 yellow. The green plants have been producing madly, and just last week have the yellow commenced to produce wildly too. I Need to figure out Lots of ways to use them up fast (I wonder if my family would notice them in chili soup tomorrow).
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:25 pm Rinty every time you mention you do not know what to do with all of your over abundance of courgettes and I wish I lived closer to you. I would love to have some. When I moved here I planted some in earth boxes on my deck. They blossomed out but never developed in to a veggie. I went on line to see what the problem was. Seems my plants were "Gay." What the heck? They had produced all male or female blossom,forget now what, and they could not even be hand pollinated.. Who knew that could happen..lol.
That happened to my zucchini plants last year. I think I only got a few over the whole summer. This year they are over-running our counters (I hauled 2 largish bags to the food pantry on Tuesday morning, they were gone yesterday 3 hours before opening time--hopefully someone got to use them).