Daily check-in August 22, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily check-in August 22, 2019

Post by rinty »

Well, nobody wants my courgettes ! :(

Family now run away when I offer them.

Bizarrely, the food bank in our area does not take produce from people..........what could be wrong with it I don't know.

Lovely morning, its obviously going to be hot as predicted. Load of washing on the line already. Breakfast of cereal with our home grown raspberries, lunch of salad ( including cous cous with roasted vegs from the allotment ) and toying with doing another frittata. MORE USE OF VEGGIES. We are all on 17 a day here, never mind 5 a day.

Boring TO DO list of paperwork mainly. Family all busy over the weekend so just us. Still trying to persuade DH to rest and put up his leg/take meds and drink more fluids.

Shopping list before school includes walking shoes/boots for DH, 2 pairs work trousers for me ( I buy school uniform ones cos they LAST) and some black work shoes/boots. And of course the shops are now AWASH with cold weather clothing so easy to find everything.

Reading your blog Jackie, and we have done the same, stocked up everywhere including hobby type stuff though, given my stash, my craft stock up was 3 colours of embroidery floss and two stamp pads ;) ! Also made use of school supplies stock up so I am set for the new school year.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:32 pm Janet, the last two times I planted zucchini, the whole crop was gay and produced only male flowers. Gave up after that.

I had a hectic day at work editing photos - many, many photos - for the monthly newsletter. Thank heavens other people write most of the copy and I just have to edit it and do the design and production.

Today I did a rare splurge and ordered pizza for lunch. It was delicious. Also made an Amazon order of new underclothing - due to being down to only two good bras -and a tube of touch-up paint for my car, which got a chip knocked out of the door paint when someone opened a car door and hit it. Perhaps the money saved with doing my own painting will make up for splurging on pizza and underwear! :-D
You spend thrift.. how dare you buy new underwear..lol. I am glad you treated yourself to a pizza.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:11 am Well, nobody wants my courgettes ! :(

Family now run away when I offer them.

Bizarrely, the food bank in our area does not take produce from people..........what could be wrong with it I don't know.

Lovely morning, its obviously going to be hot as predicted. Load of washing on the line already. Breakfast of cereal with our home grown raspberries, lunch of salad ( including cous cous with roasted vegs from the allotment ) and toying with doing another frittata. MORE USE OF VEGGIES. We are all on 17 a day here, never mind 5 a day.

Boring TO DO list of paperwork mainly. Family all busy over the weekend so just us. Still trying to persuade DH to rest and put up his leg/take meds and drink more fluids.

Shopping list before school includes walking shoes/boots for DH, 2 pairs work trousers for me ( I buy school uniform ones cos they LAST) and some black work shoes/boots. And of course the shops are now AWASH with cold weather clothing so easy to find everything.

Reading your blog Jackie, and we have done the same, stocked up everywhere including hobby type stuff though, given my stash, my craft stock up was 3 colours of embroidery floss and two stamp pads ;) ! Also made use of school supplies stock up so I am set for the new school year.
Rinty a few years ago I took some veggies from our garden to the Food Bank here, they would not take them either. I was told that it was because of regulations and not knowing what was used on the veggies. Silly people, probably more organic than the ones in the store.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/