Daily check-in August 23, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily check-in August 23, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:25 pm

littlemiss63 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:59 pm
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Enjoying a beautiful day here in my part of the world. Like others have said, it's so nice to see some cooler weather.

Have gotten caught up on my laundry and things that hadn't been done around here on my visit to Mr. B's. What an adventure that was, ended up in the hospital for 5 days, after going to the emergency room with chest pains. They ran a scope on my heart and found that I have a place on the back of my heart that has been there for awhile and it really wasn't the problems. The problem is my kidneys and I had complete kidney failure. I am on dialysis 3 times a week for the time being. My sister and brother-in-law came and brought me home. My daughter had to come back Sunday so she drove a rental car down and drove my vehicle back home. When I cause a mess, I do it big.

Anyway, trying to wrap my mind around all of this and I ask for prayers from all of you that pray.

Gayle, I was so sorry to hear about your cancer and hated to lay this on everyone as well. You are in my prayers and thank the Lord you caught it early. So many wonderful things in medicine these days.

My diet will change drastically, will be eating more red meat because the dialysis pulls so much protein out of your body. I will have to get use to it as I've gotten use to not eating red meat and it doesn't even sound appetizing to me. I will adjust.

You all sound like you are having a good summer and enjoy every minute of your life. I don't think I will ever complain again, just glad to be alive.
Oh LittleMiss!! Oh I’m so very sorry you're going through this!!😢 Of course I will pray for you too!! ((HUGS))
I watched my Mom going through kidney failure, and I have a friend doing dialysis now too—I saw her last weekend, she looks So Much better now than she did 4 months ago, she says she's gotten used to her diet & dialysis schedule. Oh I know it's a scary thing to face right now, but we are here for you!! Please, please post here to
Let us know how you are doing/feeling!

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:30 pm

clemencia2us wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:31 am
Good mornng all

I was up early and thought about posting but didn't - will next time

Since my leg is still sore, no walking today. Or for the next few days - wah. What will i do with my mornings? I can't really do much around here either.

I am going out to lunch. I can manage that - :lol: .

I've been reading online, flat ironed my hair and got dressed.

The weather seems to be improving. It was nice yesterday evening. Hopefully the warmest part of the year is over.

Have a great day.
Have you ever tried doing a hot (or very warm) Epsom salts bath for your sore muscles? It is my go-to remedy for a lot of things truthfully, but it really, Really works especially for torn or sore muscles. My friend soaked her arms & hands in Epsom Salts after her hand surgeries on the recommendation of both her physical therapist & Foctor, for better healing.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:53 pm

jckitty wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:25 am
Good morning all,

I have been up, just drinking coffee and trying to get a grip on my day.
Decent sleep, weird dreams...not bad just weird.

I am trying to stop vaping, I have stepped down to the very lowest level and found out the other day they are discontinuing my style/brand. I have warned everyone it may cause me to get cranky...LOL.

So in order to keep from reaching for the vape, I have decided to sort, photos...and a couple of boxes of receipts and papers need sorted and filed. busy work but it will keep my hands busy.

Off to get started on my day, might do some weeding first, weather is nice!
JCKitty
Please do your very best to stop vaping. It is being proven to be not safe.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:35 pm

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:30 pm
Have you ever tried doing a hot (or very warm) Epsom salts bath for your sore muscles? It is my go-to remedy for a lot of things truthfully, but it really, Really works especially for torn or sore muscles. My friend soaked her arms & hands in Epsom Salts after her hand surgeries on the recommendation of both her physical therapist & Foctor, for better healing.
I'm thinking it might be more involved than sore muscles. I remembered that this leg would lock up on me sometimes when i ran. That was about 17 years ago when it happened. I had it checked out. They did a doppler radar examination on it - didn't find anything strange. It hadn't happened since then.

Feels better but will have to take it easy from now on.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:00 pm

littlemiss63 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:59 pm
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Enjoying a beautiful day here in my part of the world. Like others have said, it's so nice to see some cooler weather.

Have gotten caught up on my laundry and things that hadn't been done around here on my visit to Mr. B's. What an adventure that was, ended up in the hospital for 5 days, after going to the emergency room with chest pains. They ran a scope on my heart and found that I have a place on the back of my heart that has been there for awhile and it really wasn't the problems. The problem is my kidneys and I had complete kidney failure. I am on dialysis 3 times a week for the time being. My sister and brother-in-law came and brought me home. My daughter had to come back Sunday so she drove a rental car down and drove my vehicle back home. When I cause a mess, I do it big.

Anyway, trying to wrap my mind around all of this and I ask for prayers from all of you that pray.

Gayle, I was so sorry to hear about your cancer and hated to lay this on everyone as well. You are in my prayers and thank the Lord you caught it early. So many wonderful things in medicine these days.

My diet will change drastically, will be eating more red meat because the dialysis pulls so much protein out of your body. I will have to get use to it as I've gotten use to not eating red meat and it doesn't even sound appetizing to me. I will adjust.

You all sound like you are having a good summer and enjoy every minute of your life. I don't think I will ever complain again, just glad to be alive.
Well Little Miss....that must have been a shock! I am so sorry that all happened. I will pray for you! Hopefully the dialysis is just a temporary thing.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:03 pm

by littlemiss63 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:59 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am very sorry to hear your news. I hope you can manage with your health changes.

Penny