Daily Check-in August 24, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in August 24, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

I did not get as much accomplished as I planned however did get some things done. Did some weed wacking in the front of the house near the driveway entrance. I need to go out again later this evening when it is cooler and finish around one tree. The weeds are on a slope and it is hard to keep my balance for very long. It is necessary due to the weeds have grown so high is it difficult to see the road from that direction. The county usually comes in and cuts them but for some reason they have not.

Teddi and I went in to town to get gas and then to the recycling dumpster. On the way home Teddi got sick and threw up in the car.. He did not eat this morning and seems whenever he does not eat he throws up later on.. He did eat a little bit of chicken later on.

Moved more things that are in the garage to the trunk of my car to get the clutter out of there and swept the floor.. Also used a long handled fan brush to sweep down the walls to get rid of some clinging dust bunnies. The garage is looking really good.

Did not get to my cooking but can throw things in the crock pot in a few minutes and let them cook for a couple of hours before bed time. Speaking of bedtime Teddi and I fell asleep in my recliner after we came home from recycling.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

We are back from our girls day out to the discount/buyout warehouse. I was able to get what I wanted and am so very happy with my stock up purchases.
I had really hoped they would have had more pasta choices but did okay in that area.

We had a wonderful time, ate at a hole in the wall diner and it was wonderful, too much food but so very good. Next time we will split plates. Leftovers will be supper, and the place was super clean .

Every thing is put away and now just going to relax and read to catch up.
Loving this weather today, will plan on making some sort of comfort food tomorrow. Thinking good thoughts and sending loving prayers up for LittleMiss and Gayle.

JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:30 pm Well....never got to kayak yesterday. I have a crown on a tooth that also has a post. The post broke! My dentist gave me an emergency appt. Now half the post is still in my jaw. He did a temporary fix. UGH.....teeth.
Gayle and Little Miss..thinking of you both.
Beautiful cool weather here today. I will get out and plant some sale perennials I bought.
Bummer on the tooth problem. When that happened to me the dentist told me he could not do any more repairs and the crown would not work.. Hope you have better luck.
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:09 pm Libby that is such a nice thing to do.

I bet you are glad you had your laundry moved to your inside closet area? It makes it so much nicer for you to keep up with your laundry and less physical strain I am sure
Janet, you can't imagine how happy I am that I did this. You know God knows things are going to happen before we do and maybe this is the reason he made me do it. Even my daughter said today, after we changed the sheets and we were able to open a door and walk through it to start the washer, "wow, Mom this is nice"! She wasn't for the idea of taking the walk-in-closet for it and thought it might take away from the value of the house. I convinced her it wouldn't and now she agrees. There are three closets in the master bedroom anyway, so plenty of storage.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:53 pm Janet, you can't imagine how happy I am that I did this. You know God knows things are going to happen before we do and maybe this is the reason he made me do it. Even my daughter said today, after we changed the sheets and we were able to open a door and walk through it to start the washer, "wow, Mom this is nice"! She wasn't for the idea of taking the walk-in-closet for it and thought it might take away from the value of the house. I convinced her it wouldn't and now she agrees. There are three closets in the master bedroom anyway, so plenty of storage.
You are right about God knows what is down the road.None of us but Him knows what is in our future.. My utility room is right next door to the master bedroom and it makes life so much easier for me. It is the little things in life that make things better.. Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Afternoon Update:

I have spent most of my day typing on an email to send out to a vast number of friends and relatives, then collecting (plus copying & pasting) email addresses-- and proofreading for typos, you all know how frequently I make those. :D

Then I finished my medical genetic history for the Genetic Counseling Center at Huntsman--I looked at as many obituaries & death certificates for cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents as I could find to get as many details as I could. I saved a copy to my files, then submitted it.

During the two above, I walked puppies outside, watched my hubby & children cut up a very large fallen tree on our lawn, and moved around lawn sprinklers. I also made up a very short shopping list which I've been waiting for Dh & children to get home so I could take a teenager with me to carry the heavy bag of cat food.

Dinner will be leftovers.

Later I plan to spin more on my fat singles (my friend yesterday congratulated me on my thin yarn, I laughed and told her that to me, it is Fat!), and maybe knit a bit, though my fingers are tired from typing so much.

CTrees, good luck with your dental emergency, that sounds painful. Clem & LittleMiss, you are both in my prayers, as in Rinty for her Ds. I love you all for the wonderful support, encouraging words, and prayers you continually give me (plus FloridaCatLover's finding of that Cancer Treatment Student Loan Deferment--such a relief that is)!!