Daily Check-in August 24, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check-in August 24, 2019

Post by rinty »

Just ((((hugs))) LittleMiss, you are so dignified over this. I am glad you are a lovley family around you.

Thinking of you and Gayle and lovely Janet x

DS goes back today and he is NOT FUNCTIONING. sometimes something just sets him off and he goes into a rant of perseverant speech.

Which means mindless stream of conciencness shrieking and it goes on and on and on. I am here at 11.30 am still in my nightgown as I can't leave him in this state. It began before 9am. DH tries to " solve " it, I wait it out. If you have someone with very severe learning disabities they aren't able to be reasoned with. Has to watched because of self harm. We had hoped for lunch out with him.

Its a hot day, I wrote a very long post yesterday and lost the entire thing. Glad to be off work for another week after this one x
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good thoughts coming your way Rinty.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:33 am Just ((((hugs))) LittleMiss, you are so dignified over this. I am glad you are a lovley family around you.

Thinking of you and Gayle and lovely Janet x

DS goes back today and he is NOT FUNCTIONING. sometimes something just sets him off and he goes into a rant of perseverant speech.

Which means mindless stream of conciencness shrieking and it goes on and on and on. I am here at 11.30 am still in my nightgown as I can't leave him in this state. It began before 9am. DH tries to " solve " it, I wait it out. If you have someone with very severe learning disabities they aren't able to be reasoned with. Has to watched because of self harm. We had hoped for lunch out with him.

Its a hot day, I wrote a very long post yesterday and lost the entire thing. Glad to be off work for another week after this one x
Rinty ((hugs)) you are such a good Mum and I know it must be heartbreaking to you to see your DS going through things that you are not able to give him the comfort that he needs. Keeping him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:21 am CG, this all happened so fast until they had to put a port in but I knew the system for doing at home was available. I may consider it a later date, but right now I want someone else doing it. It's only 12 hours a week and actually it's not been to bad so far. I can visit with the patient in the next chair to me, read, or watch TV. With your little pup do you think your hubs will be able to do at home? They told me absolutely no pets, unless you wanted to take a chance on infection.

Mr B's son-in-law tried it at home, they have a pet and he kept an infection so he switched to the dialysis center instead. He is the only one that I know of that has done the in-home dialysis. Thank you for your kind words, I need all the prayers right now that I can get. Trying to wrap my mind around this, but I'm going to get there.
My BIL did at home dialysis. He wanted to keep working so would do it at night. It is quite a process - maybe has gotten easier. There was a story about it in the Washington Post. I will look for it and post it.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:21 am CG, this all happened so fast until they had to put a port in but I knew the system for doing at home was available. I may consider it a later date, but right now I want someone else doing it. It's only 12 hours a week and actually it's not been to bad so far. I can visit with the patient in the next chair to me, read, or watch TV. With your little pup do you think your hubs will be able to do at home? They told me absolutely no pets, unless you wanted to take a chance on infection.

Mr B's son-in-law tried it at home, they have a pet and he kept an infection so he switched to the dialysis center instead. He is the only one that I know of that has done the in-home dialysis. Thank you for your kind words, I need all the prayers right now that I can get. Trying to wrap my mind around this, but I'm going to get there.
Article was in the NYTimes

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/15/well ... Position=3
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:39 am Article was in the NYTimes

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/15/well ... Position=3
Thank you for that article, Clem. That is the way they explained at the center last week. We shall see what happens down the road. Right now it's one step at a time for me.