Daily check-in August 25, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily check-in August 25, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Just to get started.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check-in August 25, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. We have a nice light rain with a cool temp. Again a little bit of Fall weather. Glad I did get a about 15 min of weed wacking in yesterday. Also loaded things to the trunk of my car to take things downstairs. So glad I pushed myself to to take things down early evening and unloaded the car. Today just going to do some puttering and cooking.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up a bit too early. I have been busy since I got up I have stripped my bed, The sheets are in the washer.

I am only doing one wash load today.

I have made good progress getting ready for the carpet cleaning. I still have a few things to move off the floor. The rest I will do tomorrow morning: dining room chairs, the laptop table under my table, and the footstools.

Penny
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Morning everyone!
Just checking in ... DH is off this week, so lots of coming and going ...

Libby, hugs to you!!!
Gayle & Rinty, good thoughts always headed your way!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Seems I keep hitting the wrong key or combination of keys and my post disappears. Trying hard not to lose this one.

Woke up to gentle rain upon the roof, pulled the blankets up and was lulled back to sleep for an hour or so. It has stopped as of now, but this means the ground in the garden is too wet to do any harvesting.

What does this mean for me? I get to play in the sewing room hopefully completing the last two Christmas gifts I have ready to go, and perhaps starting on a dress I have cut out. The end of the month will quickly come upon us and I would really like my goals/project list completed or at least almost completed.

I also need to straighten out my closet pantry, and do a quick trip downstairs to take some books to my library/extra room/office. That would free up some room on my nightstand for other reading material (like the bible study guides).

In looking at what I have worn this summer there are lots of items I could donate in the way of clothing, the only problem is this isn't a normal summer up here. In fact it has been a very cool summer with just a few days where we reached the 30 C mark. So do I keep them another year just in case the next summer warms up, or do I rid myself of them while I am thinking about it saving my moving them from place to place?

Usual frugal practices going on around here, trying to find some new ones, but any I have found or read about are cheap rather than frugal (there is a difference). I will keep looking to find something that enhances our lifestyle rather than makes it look like a joke to those around us.

Supper tonight will be baked ham, creamed potatoes, and asparagus (or perhaps I will warm up the cauliflower and cheese sauce remaining from last night's meal).

I will talk to you all later.

Today I am grateful that I can still move under my own steam quite well.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Boy, I slept like a log!

I did get up at 5am to let out one of my pups. He is getting old. Doesn't look it but he has been with us for over ten years. He gets up during the night and just walks around. That means he has to go out. So they did and we went back to sleep.

Next thing i know it is 9am! I have to go do my chuch volunteer thing in a few hours. Plenty of time to have my coffee and read online.

Leg still hurts, but i know it will just take time to get better. Took about a week for my knee to improve after i fell down that last time. I guess my 4 and 5 mile treks will have to be cut back drastically. :(

We had a nice downpour yesterday. We haven't had rain in weeks. The heat has set records this year. Looks like one more week with over 100 degree days and maybe then it will settle down.

Have a great day all