Daily Check-in September 1, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in September 1, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:07 pm

mbrudnic wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:02 pm
Hi everyone,

I decided to go to 4:00 Mass last night and then go to the festival at my High School. Just as I was almost there, Mom texted me saying they had decided to do the same thing and would I like to come along. So we met at Church and then went to the festival and had dinner. Ran into a cousin of Mom's and a cousin of Dad's. LOL.

As a result, I spent a good portion of the morning sewing. I also went through my bin of fabric. I have more large scraps than I realized. I have a few ideas from Christmas.

I also need to find ways to keep from keeping myself from feeling bored and lonely. I think it is the combination that is getting to me.

Oh and edited to add, Friday evening I got a call from the GYN office. My endometrial biopsy came back benign. So the wacky hormones I have had all my life are still toying with me.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie good news about your biopsy..What a relief I am sure..
Janet Alliesmama

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Yesterday was a very difficult day it was the anniversary of the death of my late husband.

Today, is better. My daughter had to work yesterday. But this morning she took me out to breakfast.

Penny

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:06 pm

itspennyc wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:42 pm
Yesterday was a very difficult day it was the anniversary of the death of my late husband.

Today, is better. My daughter had to work yesterday. But this morning she took me out to breakfast.

Penny
Penny sorry for your loss. Glad you do have children to help you through things. ((hug)).
Janet Alliesmama

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:51 pm

Evening update:

Mellow day, I did place some of my Fall décor...not as much as I usually put out but it's all good. With the addition of some candles it looks good, I will only light the candles while in the same room, the kittens are just way too curious.

I have been piddling and puttering around doing stuff but nothing major.
Dd1 called and tomorrow is a cook out "with all the usual suspects" and I told her I would bring desserts.
I made a double recipe of fudge brownies and a single recipe of pumpkin pie bars. I just looked in the cabinets and freezer and figured out something to make with what I have on hand. I will frost the brownies with a glaze tomorrow AM.

I will take iced tea, I am the only one that drinks it unsweetened.

It was cool and rained part of the day today, really wanted to go walking but too damp. tomorrow will be a better weather day, will walk outside then, today I went up and down the stairs to get some steps in.
JCkitty

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:55 pm

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:40 am
Clem you are right. Now that I have been up and moving around more I am feeling the muscles that were more affected than I realize.
Feel better Janet.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:56 pm

mbrudnic wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:02 pm
Hi everyone,

I decided to go to 4:00 Mass last night and then go to the festival at my High School. Just as I was almost there, Mom texted me saying they had decided to do the same thing and would I like to come along. So we met at Church and then went to the festival and had dinner. Ran into a cousin of Mom's and a cousin of Dad's. LOL.

As a result, I spent a good portion of the morning sewing. I also went through my bin of fabric. I have more large scraps than I realized. I have a few ideas from Christmas.

I also need to find ways to keep from keeping myself from feeling bored and lonely. I think it is the combination that is getting to me.

Oh and edited to add, Friday evening I got a call from the GYN office. My endometrial biopsy came back benign. So the wacky hormones I have had all my life are still toying with me.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Good news on your biopsy Maggie!