Sept 8, 2019 Daily Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Sept 8, 2019 Daily Check-in

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:33 pm Good Afternoon Everyone,

We are enjoying another beautiful day in Tennessee. Have been home from church about an hour, had my lunch and now am ready for a little nap. When I get up I am going to do some housecleaning as I've let things get a little bit behind this week with all my stuff going on. I had thought that the cleaning lady I have lined up could come this week to deep clean, but she can't. Mr. B will be here Saturday so if I organize myself a little better I should be able to get done all that I want to do. Honestly, when I use the Gain Cleaner with it's wonderful scent on my kitchen and bathrooms it smells clean and anyone would think you've been scrubbing your fingers to the bone all week, even tho you may have missed some dirt. :lol: :lol:

I made a decision when I got out of that hospital in Columbus, where I thought I was dying that if God spared me that I was going to spend the rest of my time on earth enjoying every day at it comes. He did and JOY is now my key word. I will give thanks each day for one more day on this earth and I'm not going to wallow in self-pity. I intend to live my life fully for the days I have left. You don't realize how precious they are until they are almost taken.

All of you on this board amaze me at how you handle the adversities in your lives. You inspire me. We are all facing something in life that isn't pleasant and you all handle things beautifully.

A couple of the woman in church are making me meals to microwave on dialysis days. They have all been wonderful to call and check on me and now the meals. My heart is full.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful week-end.
Libby so glad you are making "joy" your key word. When I worked in rehab I saw so many horrible things that people had to endure and yet so many of them had positive attitudes on things we take for granite. It encouraged me to take each day at a time and look at the good instead of the sad and difficult. I learned a lot from them about grabbing on to the positive instead of the negative.

So glad you are having help from your church women for some of your meals.
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

I don't know if it's the new DELL computer or windows 10, but I don't like this computer at all.

I pay Microsoft $135.00 a year for over the internet, they get onto my computer and "fix" it.

Last week, I called them about 3 times, last week. they are nice, but it takes a lot of time :(

computer still does NOT work right, I get a lot of "blinks" and "blue screens" meaning working on something and POOF all gone.

My phone and Fire work better.

I need the laptop for my photos, from my camera, and my spreadsheets.

also it's easier to type on the laptop.

IC
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Libby on another message you wondered why you could not have pickles. It is due to the sodium. It you look up Northwest Kidney Center on line you can find a listing for Living with kidney disease and you can look up recipes and they have one for refrigerator pickles. It makes a lot and they will last in your fridge for 6 months. Not sure if you need or want that many but maybe you could cut the recipe down.
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:59 pm Libby on another message you wondered why you could not have pickles. It is due to the sodium. It you look up Northwest Kidney Center on line you can find a listing for Living with kidney disease and you can look up recipes and they have one for refrigerator pickles. It makes a lot and they will last in your fridge for 6 months. Not sure if you need or want that many but maybe you could cut the recipe down.
Thank you so much, I will definitely look at that site. I would love to be able to have pickles on my hamburgers and I could definitely cut the recipes in half. I figured it was probably the salt brine they were soaked in. I'm learning!

Janet you inspire me so much, back when I was having so much trouble breathing, I adopted your 10 minute and then rest method - it helped me so much. Now thank goodness no trouble at all breathing after this episode.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:31 pm Thank you so much, I will definitely look at that site. I would love to be able to have pickles on my hamburgers and I could definitely cut the recipes in half. I figured it was probably the salt brine they were soaked in. I'm learning!

Janet you inspire me so much, back when I was having so much trouble breathing, I adopted your 10 minute and then rest method - it helped me so much. Now thank goodness no trouble at all breathing after this episode.
I hope you like the pickles.. I am thinking of making a small batch. My sister use to make refrigerator pickles a lot but she has passed away and I never thought to get her recipe. I am glad to inspire you. My sister is actually the one that inspired me to do thing in 10 min increments. She was right you can do anything for 10 min and you can get a lot done. The key is paying attention to your body and stopping when it says it has enough.
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:37 pm I hope you like the pickles.. I am thinking of making a small batch. My sister use to make refrigerator pickles a lot but she has passed away and I never thought to get her recipe. I am glad to inspire you. My sister is actually the one that inspired me to do thing in 10 min increments. She was right you can do anything for 10 min and you can get a lot done. The key is paying attention to your body and stopping when it says it has enough.
I may have to do things in 10 minute increments soon too.