Sept 8, 2019 Daily Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Sept 8, 2019 Daily Check-in

Post by rinty »

Janet, I have no kids at home and DH is a very capable guy. I am on easy street compared to many others, I am at the luxury stage of life where I do what I do cos I CHOOSE TO ;)

I like working or I wouldn't bother. I would fester otherwise ;)

DH and I went out to dinner ( which we don't bother with often ) but it was a knackering week as we had daily childcare overnights die to circumstances and I wasn't home fulltime which I think the kdis had figured on.

We just chatted about how lucky we are

Even with BREXIT :roll: :roll: :roll:

FCL, make another trip and see it firsthand :shock: You know you want to.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

rinty wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:30 am

Yes, I do! ASAP.

My good friend is going to be in the UK the third week of October. I told her it would be an exciting time! (She follows Brexit somewhat.) She and her DH are following in my footsteps and visiting her family heritage area in Salisbury and a nearby town and also will be in London for two days.

Whatever happens with Brexit I give the rebel Tories tremendous credit for having the guts to stand up for what they think is right - unlike our GOP in the U.S. Congress. Watching a bit of the UK Parliament speeches this week, I nominate Kenneth Clarke for PM. (I like how the new Lib Dem leader referred to Ken Clarke as the “father of the House,” too.)
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:30 am Janet, I have no kids at home and DH is a very capable guy. I am on easy street compared to many others, I am at the luxury stage of life where I do what I do cos I CHOOSE TO ;)

I like working or I wouldn't bother. I would fester otherwise ;)

DH and I went out to dinner ( which we don't bother with often ) but it was a knackering week as we had daily childcare overnights die to circumstances and I wasn't home fulltime which I think the kdis had figured on.

We just chatted about how lucky we are

Even with BREXIT :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rinty glad you and your DH are so happy and enjoying your lives. I do love reading what all you are doing.. So enjoy!... and I will keep reading.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I have been up, watched my favorite Sunday morning show, drank buckets of coffee and enjoyed the youngest grand until she got picked up.
I have the dog rugs washed but because it is cool and rainy they are draped over laundry racks to dry.

made a smoothie for this morning, I used the last of this weeks cleaned fruit and some carrots with a bit of raw oatmeal...good. I now need to get some fruit for the week. I have plenty of apples but like to keep strawberries and kiwi on hand when I can get them at a decent price.

We went to the library yesterday so I have plenty of books to read. Off to enjoy whatever i choose to do.

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

This morning my daughter took me to breakfast at McDonalds then we went to H-E-B where I was about 2 use 2 coupons $3. each. Plus I found some page dividers for a binder that work with page protectors. I bought 4 sets they were $1.29 each set. I don’t remember original price. But I have never seen this size before. Had I seen them earlier I would have bought them at full price. I keep all my patterns in sheet protectors. So it will be nice to have the right size dividers.

Since I washed my hair this morning I have stripped my bed, the bottom sheet is already on the bed. The sheets are in the washer. I have other sheets so I can make my bed before the wash cycle is finished.

Penny
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

We are enjoying another beautiful day in Tennessee. Have been home from church about an hour, had my lunch and now am ready for a little nap. When I get up I am going to do some housecleaning as I've let things get a little bit behind this week with all my stuff going on. I had thought that the cleaning lady I have lined up could come this week to deep clean, but she can't. Mr. B will be here Saturday so if I organize myself a little better I should be able to get done all that I want to do. Honestly, when I use the Gain Cleaner with it's wonderful scent on my kitchen and bathrooms it smells clean and anyone would think you've been scrubbing your fingers to the bone all week, even tho you may have missed some dirt. :lol: :lol:

I made a decision when I got out of that hospital in Columbus, where I thought I was dying that if God spared me that I was going to spend the rest of my time on earth enjoying every day at it comes. He did and JOY is now my key word. I will give thanks each day for one more day on this earth and I'm not going to wallow in self-pity. I intend to live my life fully for the days I have left. You don't realize how precious they are until they are almost taken.

All of you on this board amaze me at how you handle the adversities in your lives. You inspire me. We are all facing something in life that isn't pleasant and you all handle things beautifully.

A couple of the woman in church are making me meals to microwave on dialysis days. They have all been wonderful to call and check on me and now the meals. My heart is full.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful week-end.