Sept 8, 2019 Daily Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Sept 8, 2019 Daily Check-in

Post by alliesmama4 »

colonialgirl wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:02 pm
Owned - thank you for the suggestion. I am not really smart with computers, tvs, etc - so I will probably stick with Netflix. And I will never give up Prime. It pays for itself within a month - I do a lot of shopping with Amazon. When you all talk about fire sticks and that stuff, my head just spins. I truly am a techno moron.
Lynn I am a techo moron too. A few years ago my 12 y/o great nephew was spending the night with me since his mom had to work late. He always asks permission to play on my computer. So I asked him to show me how to do some things I had heard about but was not sure how to do them. He showed me how to do them while I took notes...lol. He then asked me what else I wanted to learn. Told him I had no idea what I do not know..lol. Sad! However to kids it is as easy as flipping on the TV and they know exactly what to do.
Janet Alliesmama

gaylejackson2

Re: Sept 8, 2019 Daily Check-in

Post by gaylejackson2 »

jgomez1002 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:01 pm
Hello everyone. I've been around some, but I sure do miss you all. I need to be more focused on living a frugal lifestyle. Our lives have changed some. This is my 32nd year of teaching. I'm eligible for retirement next year, but I don't think it will happen. Our health insurance coverage is through my job. The company DH worked for was purchased by a company in Utah last year and we didn't want to move to Utah. He ended up taking a six month severance package last November. He's had quite a few interviews,but still hasn't found another job yet. We're fortunate, we have savings, we are in a good position and I make enough to cover all our bills. DH has had the time to be the major caretaker of he=is mom in the nursing home and settle her house. We inherited a house that he (we) renovated and it is now under contract. I'm hoping closing is at the end of the month. He has been busy.

I need to refocus and use what we have- not buy more stuff. We don't need it. We need to declutter, clean our basement and simplify some. I need to check in more often. You all have always validated my feelings that there is a way to live that saves money, wastes less and supports each other. Thanks for all that ALL of you do!
Good to hear from you.

Had you moved to Utah, I would have tried to visit you if you'd ended up in one of “my” areas. I’m a life-long resident of Utah.😉

I hope your dh finds a job soon; good thing he is available for his Mom.