Daily Check-In, Sept. 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-In, Sept. 9, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:33 pm Good afternoon fellow frugalites,

Home now (left Manitoba at 9:30 and arrived in Saskatchewan after a 4 hour trip at 12:30 pm (it really was 4 hours, we lose an hour coming back home, so if we go by our time it was 8:30 when we left).

So nice to arrive home where the internet is constant and does not kick me out!!! Well at least it kept me from checking things out online too often.

Supper tonight will be catch as catch can. I have some boiled eggs, and sandwiches leftover that I made to eat on the way home. I may just make some soup to go along with that.

Off to finish unpacking. Talk to you all later.
Welcome home Jackie, Glad you had a nice trip and are now safely home.. I bet your kitty was happy to see you?
Janet Alliesmama
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Clem, I was so excited to discover the plant. After doing some online research I realize its a pumpkin plant. The leaves are bigger than my hands! Several squash blossoms are gone, I think the squirrels discovered the plant before I did. I don't know how to keep them away.

I went out today; was able to find some deals on Blue Buffalo cat and dog food using mfg. coupons plus the pet shop had sales going on these and some cat litter I have been using. I saved a lot there. Then on to Grocery Outlet where a $5.00 off coupon on $50 I got some deals there too. Two small steaks with red stickers on them. Vegan items also. Unfortunately they no longer seem to carry the Quorn products I was buying a lot of there.

Then on to the neighborhood grocery store where DS works. Made a haul on marked down red sticker chicken. Most organic! Found a couple of red sticker steaks there as well. Bought some $5.00 Monday items and was done. In spite of things always going up I can still find deals if I look hard enough. We are stocked up and pets are happy.

I think the way to stay ahead of th inflation game is to buy on sale, look for deals and stock up. My refrigerators and freezers and pantry are always jam packed.

I did pick up a yard duty assignment for Wednesday, this after seeing my direct deposit paycheck. Thats always a lure but I am still going to do all of my home R&M myself. It may take a little longer but there is no big rush.

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Bev - i kind of let my backyard grass just go.

I didn't feed it or water it. The weather has been harsh

Well i finally started feeling bad for it and started hand watering while out there with the pack. It is coming back nicely.

Of course during this time of neglect, weeds and other non grass plants have also grown. I clean out small secitons at a time. I figure if all i do is 2X2 section today - that is something that got done!

I guess i will do the fall treatment after all this year.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:09 pm Welcome home Jackie, Glad you had a nice trip and are now safely home.. I bet your kitty was happy to see you?
Yep, Shania was very happy to see us. She does love our neighbour though and "I" spends a great deal of time with her when she cat sits her for us.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/