Daily Check In September 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check In September 10, 2019

Post by LWolfT »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 pm
Following LWolfT’s lead I decided to get going to call about some small jobs. I have the power washer scheduled for next Tuesday and dryer vent cleaning for Thursday. (My dryer vent is on the roof. When I washed some cotton tops yesterday and my kitchen rug today both times the dryer seemed to take too long. Of course it is 29 years old, too!)
Hey, think you can get the glass guy to call me? :lol:

Actually, I did get one estimate for installing the fireplace part. Progress!!

And, yeah, I'd fly in a day earlier, too. You never know about delays.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LWolfT wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:03 pm Hey, think you can get the glass guy to call me? :lol:

Actually, I did get one estimate for installing the fireplace part. Progress!!

And, yeah, I'd fly in a day earlier, too. You never know about delays.
I know how you feel! For these two businesses I didn’t have to wait but when I think back to mom’s fence last year and remember it was totally frustrating.

I changed my ticket and will fly up a day early. You are right that there could be a delay and also I’d be on pins and needles getting my luggage and the car and then traffic at that time of day. Amazingly the new ticket cost $13 less! (No refund but money in reserve for a future flight.) So my sweet princess will be an extra day without her mama.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am tired. Yesterday was a very long day at work, with about 200 people tromping in and out of the building, making a lot of noise. Today I had to call the police on some street people who were urinating on the front wall of the church in full view of everyone passing by. Those two are repeat offenders and calling the police is the only thing that works.

It's been hotter than Vulcan's anvil, which leads to very frugal living because it's too unpleasant to do anything. So right now the dachshunds and I are enjoying the breeze from the fan. They are snoozing and are so cute.
Mackie
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Hey Yall!

Today has been an interesting day. I am off today, DS went to presechool. Today was his second day. We enrolled him in a free preschool to save on money and to begin his early socialization. DH worked on some paperwork for his medical leave to see if he can qualify for short term disability. I have my classes this evening.

Frugalwise: We ate at home and hung up the laundry to dry.

Happy Frugal Saving!

snowangel
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening everyone,

Today I got a much overdue haircut and professional colour (had been about 18 months since I last stepped into a salon) and it looks so much better. I also got a manicure and pedicure (only the second in my life!) and smile every time I look at my toes. Mediterranean cruise, here I come! Only 7 more days now and am so excited!!

My beauty treatments took up most of the morning but I did have lunch at home. Our weather has been chilly, continual rain and windy. Dh did not go golfing but we managed to get some chores done together in the afternoon. We pulled out the fridge so we could vacuum the coils behind and also clean out the condenser box. We also rearranged some items in the garage and put some things up into the loft.

After supper I started listening to "Get Organized HQ" which allows 24 hour access to a variety of professional speakers. Of course they're trying to pedal the All Access Pass which gives you life long membership for $49 and cheat sheets pertaining to each speaker but I'll pass on that! I may follow their Instagram accounts to continue to receive inspiration but since I'm already fairly organized that should be sufficient.

All travel plans have been completed and one of my favourite travel hacks I discovered was downloading Rick Steves podcasts on the historical sites we plan on visiting which are unguided (ie where only the transportation is provided such as our excursion to Pompei). He tells you exactly where to begin your tour and gives a lot of detail and background information. This eliminates the need for carting around a bulky guide book. I have also downloaded walking instructions from our various hotels to sites we wish to see on Google Offline maps. A friend of ours had suggested this, which eliminates the need to print out the instructions. I am looking forward to hopefully taking in the Westminster Walk in London but our priority will definitely be reconnecting with dh's brother. The only thing I booked there was the Hop On , Hop Off touring bus for 2 days, which also includes a Thames river cruise. Aside from packing dh's clothes and our prescription medications , nothing else needs to be done.

Youngest dd's birthday is next week and I have decided just to get her various giftcards. I plan to get some for Sephora, Michaels, Winners, Tim Hortens and Shoppers Drug Mart. She can be a little difficult to buy for so I think this is the best route to go. Of course we'll make her the dinner of her choice and serve her favourite kind of cake. It's so hard to believe my baby is turning 27!

Have a great evening everyone and hopefully you'll all have a good night's rest.

Creative
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Mrscreative wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:37 pm Good evening everyone,

Today I got a much overdue haircut and professional colour (had been about 18 months since I last stepped into a salon) and it looks so much better. I also got a manicure and pedicure (only the second in my life!) and smile every time I look at my toes. Mediterranean cruise, here I come! Only 7 more days now and am so excited!!

My beauty treatments took up most of the morning but I did have lunch at home. Our weather has been chilly, continual rain and windy. Dh did not go golfing but we managed to get some chores done together in the afternoon. We pulled out the fridge so we could vacuum the coils behind and also clean out the condenser box. We also rearranged some items in the garage and put some things up into the loft.

After supper I started listening to "Get Organized HQ" which allows 24 hour access to a variety of professional speakers. Of course they're trying to pedal the All Access Pass which gives you life long membership for $49 and cheat sheets pertaining to each speaker but I'll pass on that! I may follow their Instagram accounts to continue to receive inspiration but since I'm already fairly organized that should be sufficient.

All travel plans have been completed and one of my favourite travel hacks I discovered was downloading Rick Steves podcasts on the historical sites we plan on visiting which are unguided (ie where only the transportation is provided such as our excursion to Pompei). He tells you exactly where to begin your tour and gives a lot of detail and background information. This eliminates the need for carting around a bulky guide book. I have also downloaded walking instructions from our various hotels to sites we wish to see on Google Offline maps. A friend of ours had suggested this, which eliminates the need to print out the instructions. I am looking forward to hopefully taking in the Westminster Walk in London but our priority will definitely be reconnecting with dh's brother. The only thing I booked there was the Hop On , Hop Off touring bus for 2 days, which also includes a Thames river cruise. Aside from packing dh's clothes and our prescription medications , nothing else needs to be done.

Youngest dd's birthday is next week and I have decided just to get her various giftcards. I plan to get some for Sephora, Michaels, Winners, Tim Hortens and Shoppers Drug Mart. She can be a little difficult to buy for so I think this is the best route to go. Of course we'll make her the dinner of her choice and serve her favourite kind of cake. It's so hard to believe my baby is turning 27!

Have a great evening everyone and hopefully you'll all have a good night's rest.

Creative
Creative, I did not realize your trip was coming up so soon. I was thinking October. I’m sure I’ll “talk” with you in the next week but have a really wonderful time. I hope that you have good weather and all your connections work out well and your meeting with DH’s brother turns out great.

You trip seemed so far away when you began your planning. Now it is here!

Have you heard anything about your DN’s test? She is in my prayers.