Daily Check In September 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 10, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good middle of the night fellow frugalites,

After a couple of hours sleep I am wide awake, but really need to get to bed once again. My problem is the mind won't shut down and things/ideas are just swirling around. Mostly things that need doing. I figure if I get them out in the open, I just might be able to gain another couple of hours of sleep.

Laundry will need doing and there is a great deal of that. Since there is a cold front and lots of rain, I will need to hang what I can on the lines downstairs. I have a feeling though that some will need to go in the dryer.

If it is raining I will be doing my morning walk on the treadmill, however once the rain stops or it warms up I will try and get outside for even a short walk around the block. Fresh air seems to give me a bit more energy.

I also need to get out between rain showers and cut some sage, oregano, and basil for dehydrating. No way will I manage to get into the garden as it has been raining for a couple of days now. I will have to wait for the soil to dry.

I need to dust and clean the bedrooms, and make room to store a few items from the living room in them for a few days (or weeks depending on the arrival of our carpeting). Then of course I will need to remove items from the bookcase in the living room. The first stage of removal is beginning, and I have a great deal to move before the second stage can start.

The bathroom needs deep cleaning, as well as the sinks and counters in the kitchen. I should mop the floors, but will wait until baseboards are replaced in the hall, and the carpet pulled out of the living room. I would just have to do it a second time.

The kitty litter box needs washing and that will happen if it stops raining and the cat can go outside for a bit.

Then of course there are the fun things like reading, knitting, sewing and embroidery that are just waiting to see me. I hope to get the scrap quilt top sewn together at some point today and work on my embroidered tea towels.

I need to use up some bits and bobs we brought back with us from our trip so supper will be a casserole of some sort. Since it has been very cool here the oven can come on to help keep the chill out of the rooms.

Today I am thankful that I am now tired and am going to try for a few more hours of sleep.

Everybody have a great day. Take care. (I will see you all later).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 10, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I think I might have gotten another 90 minutes of sleep. That is quite all right as I have functioned on less than 5 hours of sleep which is what I figure I managed to get. I just may not be working at optimum efficiency.

It is still dark out and I just can't tell if it is still raining. So my best bet to loosen up is the treadmill in the basement. Won't be as much fun as walking outside, but I can walk furtherer and faster on the machine. Just heard rain hitting the window, so treadmill it is. Wind has come way up overnight as well.

I feel for the farmers as all this rain is slowing harvest down quite a bit, and considering the drop in temperatures it could signify the coming of an early killing frost. I hope not as I still have lots to gather in from the garden.

I said that I was going to make a casserole tonight and am still doing so. With the wind hitting the front of the house and the dark, cloudy skies, we definitely need something warm and stick to your ribs good.

I guess I should fill all of you in on allowable spend/no spend days. So far this month we have had 3 no spend days, and 6 allowable spend days. Time to put on the adult panties and get back to being frugal.

Talk to you all again later.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. I actually slept well last night. Yesterday was a lost day.I just did not feel well and did a lot of resting.. I think I over did things on Saturday with shampooing part of the carpet in my great room and part of my bedroom. I just need to remember I am not young anymore and do have some medical problems. The mind is willing but the body says no you will not or no you cannot do it. lol. So today my aide will be here and instead of me going to the grocery store with her I will let her shop for me.

My former aide/friend called yesterday and she is coming home from Texas for a visit this week-end. Looking forward to seeing her.

So will just be puttering around today and taking it easy.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Welcome home, Jackie.

Today I plan to get my flu shot at Publix. Again this year they are offering a $10 gift card. Then I’ll get an old 13” tube TV and two unopened cans of Thompsons Water Seal and give them to the electronics and chemical recycling.

Although I don’t count spend/no spend days, I’m doing really well this month. Only two purchases have been made, both with gift cards (and $3.50 extra charged). I’ve spent about $30 on food and still have a lot on hand. I’ll need to buy gas in the next few days. I was hoping the price would go down post-hurricane but it has only gone down a few cents. I’m trying to limit spending because I’ll have a fairly large cc bill this month, all related to medical - two dental bills, three months of Medicare and two Rx.

Have a good day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I gathered the trash, I have more than will fit in one bag. So I added a Walmart bag of garbage.

They are beginning to forecast rain. Summer is very very dry here.

I made oatmeal blueberry muffins for breakfast, I put 10 of them into the freezer.

Once the office opens I will walk up there with my giveaway bin and a card to mail. When I get home I will transfer the white wash from washer to dryer.

Penny
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...

Back to summer here, high is supposed to be 90 today.

Maybe its the weather, but don't feel terribly motivated to do anything at the moment. Unfortunately, there are some things I have to do today ...

Not much to report on the home repair front ... still waiting on folks to call back, do estimates, etc. (One big advantage of DIY is that things get done ... though as we say here, 'There are no simple repair jobs.')

Jackie, glad you had a nice getaway!