Daily Check In September 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In September 10, 2019

Post by Mrscreative » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:09 pm

floridacatlover wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:48 pm
Creative, I did not realize your trip was coming up so soon. I was thinking October. I’m sure I’ll “talk” with you in the next week but have a really wonderful time. I hope that you have good weather and all your connections work out well and your meeting with DH’s brother turns out great.

You trip seemed so far away when you began your planning. Now it is here!

Have you heard anything about your DN’s test? She is in my prayers.
No we haven't heard anything yet. We thought we should give them a few more days before calling just to let them know we're thinking of them. They live overseas so we're not normally in touch that much. Honestly from what I've read on various Google medical sites, I don't think the prognosis is that good for lung cancer, especially when it's spread to other parts of the body. But miracles do happen and all we can do is hope for the best. When she was discharged she said all she wanted to do was spend some quality time with her two young daughters and hubby. I truly hope she's not in the kind of pain which sent her to the hospital in the first place. She's such a kind-hearted lovely young woman!

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:47 pm

Actually a thought has just come to my mind. If any of you would like to follow along on my trip, you could do so with Instagram. I have a pseudonym of “geniusplanner” which is not linked to my Facebook account. This protects my privacy and can also protect yours. My pseudonym used to be “wannabeaplanner” and how it got changed, I’m not sure. How regularly I post will depend on the availability of free wifi.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:11 am

Mrscreative wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:47 pm
Actually a thought has just come to my mind. If any of you would like to follow along on my trip, you could do so with Instagram. I have a pseudonym of “geniusplanner” which is not linked to my Facebook account. This protects my privacy and can also protect yours. My pseudonym used to be “wannabeaplanner” and how it got changed, I’m not sure. How regularly I post will depend on the availability of free wifi.
Most of the hotels and motels will have free wifi, not too sure about the cruise ship, though you would think they would.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:14 am

Mrscreative wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:37 pm
Good evening everyone,

Today I got a much overdue haircut and professional colour (had been about 18 months since I last stepped into a salon) and it looks so much better. I also got a manicure and pedicure (only the second in my life!) and smile every time I look at my toes. Mediterranean cruise, here I come! Only 7 more days now and am so excited!!

My beauty treatments took up most of the morning but I did have lunch at home. Our weather has been chilly, continual rain and windy. Dh did not go golfing but we managed to get some chores done together in the afternoon. We pulled out the fridge so we could vacuum the coils behind and also clean out the condenser box. We also rearranged some items in the garage and put some things up into the loft.

After supper I started listening to "Get Organized HQ" which allows 24 hour access to a variety of professional speakers. Of course they're trying to pedal the All Access Pass which gives you life long membership for $49 and cheat sheets pertaining to each speaker but I'll pass on that! I may follow their Instagram accounts to continue to receive inspiration but since I'm already fairly organized that should be sufficient.

All travel plans have been completed and one of my favourite travel hacks I discovered was downloading Rick Steves podcasts on the historical sites we plan on visiting which are unguided (ie where only the transportation is provided such as our excursion to Pompei). He tells you exactly where to begin your tour and gives a lot of detail and background information. This eliminates the need for carting around a bulky guide book. I have also downloaded walking instructions from our various hotels to sites we wish to see on Google Offline maps. A friend of ours had suggested this, which eliminates the need to print out the instructions. I am looking forward to hopefully taking in the Westminster Walk in London but our priority will definitely be reconnecting with dh's brother. The only thing I booked there was the Hop On , Hop Off touring bus for 2 days, which also includes a Thames river cruise. Aside from packing dh's clothes and our prescription medications , nothing else needs to be done.

Youngest dd's birthday is next week and I have decided just to get her various giftcards. I plan to get some for Sephora, Michaels, Winners, Tim Hortens and Shoppers Drug Mart. She can be a little difficult to buy for so I think this is the best route to go. Of course we'll make her the dinner of her choice and serve her favourite kind of cake. It's so hard to believe my baby is turning 27!

Have a great evening everyone and hopefully you'll all have a good night's rest.

Creative
Creative I am getting excited for you. I am a big history buff and I always was thrilled to see the actual sites that I read about. You are doing a great job of getting things ready.. Enjoy your trip.
Janet Alliesmama

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:26 am

Jackielou wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:11 am
Most of the hotels and motels will have free wifi, not too sure about the cruise ship, though you would think they would.
Yes all the hotels do have free wifi. You have to purchase a wifi package while on the cruise ship which is ridiculously expensive so I’ll be passing on that. Our dd’s are aware of the days we’re “at sea” where they won’t hear from us at all. The cruise is 11 days so I’ll only be posting from a cafe or other place where free wifi is available as time permits. We’re unlikely to return to Europe so we want to take full advantage of our time!

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:29 am

alliesmama4 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:14 am
Creative I am getting excited for you. I am a big history buff and I always was thrilled to see the actual sites that I read about. You are doing a great job of getting things ready.. Enjoy your trip.
Actually Janet I think half of my fun has been planning my trip. I love reading the historical background of all the various sites and have been watching lots of YouTube videos on travel hacks, visiting various cities on the cheap, etc.