Daily Check In September 11, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 11, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Just starting us off before I get my coffee. Back very soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 11, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am back, coffee in hand and slowly waking up. I had a very good sleep last night and am raring to go today. I found the perfect step tracker on my phone (after many trials of various free downloads), to think it actually came free on this phone. So for the past 6 days I have been using it and have managed on 4 of the 6 days to go way over the 10k steps. I don't know if that will keep up once the removal of various items from the living room is done, as well as the harvesting of the garden. I can but try though.

Today will be another frugal day with no spending. I plan on getting the one (perhaps two) messy corners of the living room cleared out, harvest the garden (provided there is no rain), process the lovely apples my neighbour brought over into pie filling for the winter, do the small list of regular household tasks, and work on a few other projects around the house. Should keep me busy and out of trouble. Tomorrow is bill paying and a small grocery/pet supply stock up so I need to make a bit of a list, and then find coupons to match in my coupon stash (not that I have that many coupons).

Hubby has had trouble getting warm the past while, so he turned the heat up. He did not turn it up that much, but I wish he would have managed a few more weeks without needing the extra warmth.

Hubby has a couple of jobs he needs done today. The baseboards for the hall are painted and ready to install, so now he is laying new laminate where the baseboard heater wiring came through the floors, and will be able to put down the baseboards lickety split. Then he plans on leveling a small patch of sub floor in the living room if possible. My light by the chair I use seems to be leaning (always has but very noticeable now).

After my household tasks are done, I plan on working on the quilt top for an hour or so, doing the one row of knitting on the temperature blanket, and later in the evening more embroidery work on the first of 6 tea towels.

Coffee first though, and then a nice 45 minute or so walk on the treadmill to loosen everything up.

Supper this evening will be a package of frozen ham warmed up and served with creamed potatoes, peas and a cucumber, onion, tomato salad.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

Eighteen years ago today ...

In some ways it seems like yesterday and in other ways it seems like a lifetime ago. Today instead of wearing the guardian angel pin I wear each day, I’ll wear the red, white and blue ribbons with pearl stick pin that I wore in the days after 9/11 and each year since then. We Will Never Forget.

I know some of you watch the Hallmark Channel. Have you heard that Cameron Mathison has renal cancer (that has NOT spread, thankfully) and will have surgery on Thursday. On Twitter he has specifically asked for prayers. He sounds scared. I don’t watch Hallmark but liked him on DWTS. I added him to my prayers last night. (I’m getting like my mom with a long prayer list.)

For the first time, my flu shot from yesterday has really bothered me. But it didn’t interfere with my sleep. Since I’m 65 she gave me the high dose. This same pharmacist has given me my flu shot the past few years and it never bothered me in the past.

Today I’ll go to mom’s house and do a bit of work in the back yard. I plan to work in the back corner where it is fairly shaded. I can’t get in there with the lawnmower. Lots of weeds. I always have water with me.

Jackie, you are lucky to have a DH who is so handy. Enjoy your new rooms.

Have a good day.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I finished Mom's quilt in time. She was thrilled. Went to dinner with Mom and Dad and then stopped by DB1's for a short visit. I sent DB2 birthday greetings via text.

Trying to post my quilt pictures, but they are too big. Bu I think if you copy and paste this link, you should be able to see my single Facebook post that I made public.

https://www.facebook.com/maggie.brudnicki/posts/10158397833627069
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Yes - I read that Cameron has cancer - :cry: . He is one of my favorite Hallmark actors.

I saw it on their Facebook page.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I feel much better today. I slept well also.

I'm reading online news of events that happened 18 years ago

I still can't understand or rather just accept that this happened and how, why? How did it get so far?