Daily Check-in September 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in September 14, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:27 am This Catholic does not believe that our deaths are preordained. I must look it up and see for sure though.....
I've never heard that. I think the teaching that all humans have been gifted with Free Will seems to preclude a set destiny. We can choose to change the path of our livs at any point.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,
I did some grocery shopping this morning. And watched some food network. It is cooler today, so I need to get a good walk in. Otherwise, no set plans. I need to get to see DS1 & family. It has been 2 weeks. Bad Grandma! DDIL tried to swing by last Saturday, but I had gone to afternoon mass.

Had a nice evening with my girlfriends last night. I do enjoy them. I wish we could do it more often, but K has 2 kids with activities and S lives a bit away.

So off to see what sort of trouble I can get into.
Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:56 am I've never heard that. I think the teaching that all humans have been gifted with Free Will seems to preclude a set destiny. We can choose to change the path of our livs at any point.
Was going to check and make sure this was the correct interpretation with my rather large copy of the Catechism of the Catholic church....
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...

Creative, I don't know what your SIL wants from you, either. You can stay in contact and keep them in your prayers from wherever you are in the world.

Anyway, another sunny, warm day here, with no rain in sight. There is a large pile of dirt currently sitting in my driveway, just waiting for DH to start his project. (I'm kind of on hold for all the other projects, it seems.)

Have been doing some decluttering today (misplacing something is a very good motivator). Thrown out some stuff, sent some clothing to the rag bin, others to the donation bag.

I may try to make some apple bread today ... thinking I shall make it in the Nesco so not to heat up the kitchen too much.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Mrs Creative

Very strange text from the aunt. There is nothing y'all can do at this point for DN.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:55 pm Was going to check and make sure this was the correct interpretation with my rather large copy of the Catechism of the Catholic church....
My copy is on my bookshelf, but the ironing board is set up in front of it... I think you can find it online too.