Daily check-in September 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily check-in September 17, 2019

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

Checking in from Toronto International Airport. All went smoothly for our first flight and we actually arrived early. Dh and I just finished our lunch which I packed from home. Just had to buy hot drinks. We really enjoyed some carrot cake with cream cheese icing that one of dd2’s work colleagues had baked for her birthday.

Now for the long wait for our evening flight to Barcelona. Hope all goes as smoothly as this first lag.

Creative
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Mrscreative wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:01 pm Good afternoon everyone,

Checking in from Toronto International Airport. All went smoothly for our first flight and we actually arrived early. Dh and I just finished our lunch which I packed from home. Just had to buy hot drinks. We really enjoyed some carrot cake with cream cheese icing that one of dd2’s work colleagues had baked for her birthday.

Now for the long wait for our evening flight to Barcelona. Hope all goes as smoothly as this first lag.

Creative
Very exciting! Have a wonderful trip. You were smart to pack a lunch. The food at Toronto airport is expensive!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

My pressure cleaning is finished and it looks great. It really looked terrible from all the rain this summer.

I decided to start my fall decorating. I switched out my garden flag to a fall one, put up a fall wall hanging near my door that I made a few years ago from rummage sale things and put my autumn ears of corn on my front door. A few days ago I saw a beautiful fall grapevine wreath online and started pricing them. Way too expensive. But I’ve always loved the corn and will add a new ribbon next time I’m at Michael’s.

I need new mulch and some new flowers for pots in my carport. So I’ll try to get to Home Depot either tomorrow or Friday. It is still so hot, however. (My mom would never buy a fall pumpkin because she said it would rot so fast in our heat. Probably true.)

Now I’m starting a bit of indoor fall decorating. Probably I’ll skip Publix today even though I’m out of soy milk.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

hello friends,

I am Subbing today, although this teacher has 5th hour as her prep period. Still I am at the school, even though I could have left by now, because I want to use her computer and her classroom is quieter than my house would be (no puppies whining at me here :lol: ).

I just lowered the asking price on our Expedition online ad, and have been doing research on mastectomy and what I need to know about it.

I should do a bit of grocery shopping today after I pick up girls from school; milk, fruit and?

I am Subbing tomorrow too, but at the alternative high school--a super easy assignment, thankfully. Then no more Subbing this week, although I did have opportunity to have another assignment on Friday... I'm trying to pace myself, and keep from sheer exhaustion.

Not sure on dinner tonight. Perhaps chicken stew/soup with Sunday leftovers & chopped veg from the fridge.

I need to Google up easy-to-make meals, and/or freezer meals, then get a bunch made up for boys to put in crockpot before school. I should also pull out my electric pressure cooker and figure out how to use it, for those times when someone forgets to put dinner in to cook (as I'm SURE that will happen, especially on the days that ds16 is supposed to cook).

I need to start writing up lists of what needs to be done, of chore charts for the surgery recovery & weeks of chemo, etc.

I am tired! Dh got a ride to work yesterday morning, and last night when I was thinking of heading to bed, he called me at 8:45pm to come give him a ride to his truck... an hour later we were in bed, but he still wanted to talk, I think i fell asleep after 11pm. I was awake well before 6am thanks to leg cramps.

I'm thinking about watering the garden Really Good, then starting to chop down our useless corn, the watermelon plants, cucumber vines, and the summer squash vines. I'm holding out hope that we'll get more green beans, and tomatoes, but with the chance of rain today, then comes cooler fall-like temps. I think we may have had our last 80 degree day (yesterday) until next year. I'm cold, I've worn my jacket All Day, and I'm Not looking forward to the cold except as a chance to have a woodfire.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

So glad I decided not to give in to my lazy genes.

I went and did my laundry. Didn't look like a lot, but sheesh lots of tee shirts to fold.

But it is done and i can relax.

The heat is back on. Not 100 but close. We might break a record high!
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Mrscreative wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:01 pm Good afternoon everyone,

Creative
May you and your hubby enjoy your travels. Hmm Barcelona, just thinking the name makes me think of warm sunny days. (I am cold today, it's supposed to rain.)