Daily check-in September 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check-in September 17, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:38 am Good morning Janet and all,

Good luck with the annual evaluation, Janet.

Another lovely Florida morning. Clear skies, temperatures in the mid 70's. I found a few ants in my kitchen, but I believe they came in on the kitchen trash can that I washed yesterday and left outside to dry. We will see.

I will not walk this morning. My knee says no. But I do expect to get some yard work done later today. I fulfilled my good listener deeds yesterday. I listened as my neighbor complain about her "unnamed" medical insurance. I was pleased that she even admitted that the insurance has spent a lot of money on her this year. I had wanted to tell her I thought she had good insurance, but my job was to listen. I also had wanted to tell her that medicare is no bowl of cherries. But again, my job was to let her vent. Yesterday, when I went over and returned her food bowl and told her how great the food was(it really wasn't), she gave me 2 tie dyed dish towels she had made with the neighbor girls over the weekend. They are lovely. She doesn't have to give me things to get me to listen.

Old dance partner, my other good deed listener yesterday, chatted away for quite awhile. He is really nervous about this problem this time. I listened and said supportive things.

Today, I put the money down on my new kitchen. I can pay with my credit card the designer says. That will rack up a lot of points. I have 3 large gift cards coming for my current credit card points. Enough to pay for a new appliance, I think.

Yesterday, I went over the auto insurance policy due in October. The agent sent some potential changes for me to decide on. It is slow reading.

Today, I am grateful for my good health.Thoughts and prayers to all who feel poorly or are in pain.
Dg it is great that you can put the kitchen project on your credit card and get some points. Also wonderful to get the gift cards for medical procedures. Wish I could find some of those deals.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:11 am Good morning all.

Clem, I can totally relate to what you said yesterday about not being an early morning person. I was lucky in my career to have jobs that let me start work at 9 or 9:30. I guess I would have coped but it would have been difficult with jobs as a nurse or high school teacher that started at 7 a.m.

So ... I slept in this morning until almost 8:30. I feel good. But I threw my clothes on to move my plants and my car because the pressure cleaning guy will come this morning. I’ll be SO glad to get that done. This is a new company recommended by the guy I’ve had do it in the past because he no longer does pressure cleaning.

I’m hoping to get my hair colored later today. Then run to Publix for a few things. I have a $5/$40 Winn Dixie coupon that is accepted by Publix but I don’t have enough on my list to buy. So if I see someone with a big basket of food I’ll give that person the coupon. When I’ve given the coupon in the past some people are thankful and other people think I’m nuts. I look for an elderly woman because they typically are the thankful ones.

Have a good day.
It is nice to give the coupon to someone if you cannot use.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:56 pm Good morning,

Have an appt at costco at 12:30 today for DH's hearing aid, we are hoping that they can repair his mold, we will still be ordering new molds for back up.

Today is our 36 year annv !!! Nothing has been said by both of us :roll:

This Afternoon Goldie has an appt for some shots.

And it's garbage day, so busy day.

IC
IC Happy anniversary. I know it has been a difficult journey at times.. However you have made it this far so you should be congratulated for hanging in there..
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:01 pm Good afternoon everyone,

Checking in from Toronto International Airport. All went smoothly for our first flight and we actually arrived early. Dh and I just finished our lunch which I packed from home. Just had to buy hot drinks. We really enjoyed some carrot cake with cream cheese icing that one of dd2’s work colleagues had baked for her birthday.

Now for the long wait for our evening flight to Barcelona. Hope all goes as smoothly as this first lag.

Creative
Creative Bon Voyage! Have a wonderful trip. It is so exciting going to a new country.. Take care.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I was re-certified for in home help 16 hours a week. However she said I have reserve hours that can be used up to 80 hours per month.. This service qualifies me for medicaid as my medicare supplement. Due to having ALS no medicare supplement insurance company will accept me. So I can breath easy for another year.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:01 pm Good afternoon everyone,

Checking in from Toronto International Airport. All went smoothly for our first flight and we actually arrived early. Dh and I just finished our lunch which I packed from home. Just had to buy hot drinks. We really enjoyed some carrot cake with cream cheese icing that one of dd2’s work colleagues had baked for her birthday.

Now for the long wait for our evening flight to Barcelona. Hope all goes as smoothly as this first lag.

Creative
I hope you have a wonderful time.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/