Daily Check-in September 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in September 19, 2019

Post by clemencia2us »

I forced myself to take a real nap

I usually just close my eyes and sleep here in my desk chair - but i got in bed and really slept. I needed it
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Its another day in paradise. :cry: :cry:

Apparently I cannot even write my feeling in my private journal without being vilified for what I write down!!! Dh is furious with me over something I wrote in My Journal (that according to him is there for my posterity to read, didn't know he is my posterity). I’ll have to reread everything I’ve written to see what was so horrible that he is being so nasty about.

First he was sooo happy that my surgery was moved up, now I’m a horrible person again.

I think I’d better dump All of my tabs or log put of everything, just to keep him from snooping even more in my life.

Its really humid & gray cloudy outside, maybe God will cry with me tonight.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:20 pm Its another day in paradise. :cry: :cry:

Apparently I cannot even write my feeling in my private journal without being vilified for what I write down!!! Dh is furious with me over something I wrote in My Journal (that according to him is there for my posterity to read, didn't know he is my posterity). I’ll have to reread everything I’ve written to see what was so horrible that he is being so nasty about.

First he was sooo happy that my surgery was moved up, now I’m a horrible person again.

I think I’d better dump All of my tabs or log put of everything, just to keep him from snooping even more in my life.

Its really humid & gray cloudy outside, maybe God will cry with me tonight.
Gayle I am so sorry you are having to deal with this extra stress... Wish I could do more for you. I have been praying for a change of attitude with your husband towards you. I will have to pray harder. Sometimes men are bigger jerks since they cannot express their fear and concerns in a meaningful way. My Dad and my brother both were hateful when their spouses were sick. Fear of loosing them but still it does not make the sick person feel better or loved.. ((hug)).
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:11 pm Gayle, please spend this time hugging the younger children and phoning church re HELP. It would be best if YOU stressed to them that the home MUST be kept Gluten FRee, you know how gluten effects you and you won't want that on you with everything else during your recovery.

Otherwise you will get some well meaning soul bringing GLUTEN HEAVY meals which your DH will accept without thinking. I genuinely wish ( like Maggie and many of us ) that we were nearer and could actually help.

My recipe for DH and the boys to make is stir fry ( are noodles gluten free ???) It takes minutes to make and they could buy the pre-prepared packs of stir fry vegs which aren't very dear here and use thinly sliced chicken breast/beef which cooks in around 4 minutes, add veg for 2 mins more, add pre-prepared chowmein or black bean or whatever sauce then the noodles for around another 2 minutes. Its made in one large skillet and should be easily within their capabilities, bless 'em.

Prayers said in our home to yours

x
The RS pres was at my house when Huntsman called. 😁
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:36 pm Gayle I am so sorry you are having to deal with this extra stress... Wish I could do more for you. I have been praying for a change of attitude with your husband towards you. I will have to pray harder. Sometimes men are bigger jerks since they cannot express their fear and concerns in a meaningful way. My Dad and my brother both were hateful when their spouses were sick. Fear of loosing them but still it does not make the sick person feel better or loved.. ((hug)).
Yes I have been praying REALLY HARD for him too.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:03 pm Gayle also stress to the women at church that you have 2 children that also need to be gluten free.

More {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Penny
Yes I have been doing that too.