Daily Check-in September 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in September 19, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:02 pm

gaylejackson2 wrote: โ†‘
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:16 pm
I feel shell-shocked!! My surgeonโ€™s office just called me! Instead of the estimated month before surgery, I Now Have 4 DAYS!! Surgery is scheduled for Sept 23rd!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Iโ€™m fine though, just ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ and repeating myself, and no i didn't just put the eggs in my recipe cupboard, and put an empty dirt salsa bottle on the pantry. ๐Ÿ˜‰

So MUCH TO DO!!
How marvelous that they got you in so soon. Deep breaths, all will work out for you I know.

rinty

Post by rinty » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:11 pm

gaylejackson2 wrote: โ†‘
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:16 pm
I feel shell-shocked!! My surgeonโ€™s office just called me! Instead of the estimated month before surgery, I Now Have 4 DAYS!! Surgery is scheduled for Sept 23rd!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Iโ€™m fine though, just ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ and repeating myself, and no i didn't just put the eggs in my recipe cupboard, and put an empty dirt salsa bottle on the pantry. ๐Ÿ˜‰

So MUCH TO DO!!
Gayle, please spend this time hugging the younger children and phoning church re HELP. It would be best if YOU stressed to them that the home MUST be kept Gluten FRee, you know how gluten effects you and you won't want that on you with everything else during your recovery.

Otherwise you will get some well meaning soul bringing GLUTEN HEAVY meals which your DH will accept without thinking. I genuinely wish ( like Maggie and many of us ) that we were nearer and could actually help.

My recipe for DH and the boys to make is stir fry ( are noodles gluten free ???) It takes minutes to make and they could buy the pre-prepared packs of stir fry vegs which aren't very dear here and use thinly sliced chicken breast/beef which cooks in around 4 minutes, add veg for 2 mins more, add pre-prepared chowmein or black bean or whatever sauce then the noodles for around another 2 minutes. Its made in one large skillet and should be easily within their capabilities, bless 'em.

Prayers said in our home to yours

x

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:36 pm

clemencia2us wrote: โ†‘
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:41 pm
I also have a very skittish dog. She has been on a leash once! And that was when i took her to the vet to get spayed. Getting her back in the car afterwards was something else.

She was shaking the other day when she heard a loud truck. She will run to the door to go back insided. She does love being outside but will only be out there if i am there. If she sees the COD in the kitchen on her way out, she will not go. Yesterday i carried her out. That was dumb. She is my biggest dog and i know weighs over 50 lbs.

I hope that she will get better.
I'm afraid that Goldie will be skittish forever :( I do walk her 2'x's a day, sometimes her tail is NOT between her legs, but not often. I don't think that I'm doing her more harm then good, at least I sure hope not. I don't walk her when it's dark when BB gets her last 2 walks of the day.

When she sees people or dogs that she loves she does go crazy, but in a very positive way.

What can we do, our dogs (pets) are what they are :D

How old is your dog? Goldie is 16 months old and when BB and I found her she was 8 weeks and 6 #'s

IC

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:00 pm

by rinty ยป Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:11 pm

gaylejackson2 wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:16 pm

So MUCH TO DO!!
Gayle, please spend this time hugging the younger children and phoning church re HELP. It would be best if YOU stressed to them that the home MUST be kept Gluten FRee, you know how gluten effects you and you won't want that on you with everything else during your recovery.

Otherwise you will get some well meaning soul bringing GLUTEN HEAVY meals which your DH will accept without thinking. I genuinely wish ( like Maggie and many of us ) that we were nearer and could actually help.

My recipe for DH and the boys to make is stir fry ( are noodles gluten free ???) It takes minutes to make and they could buy the pre-prepared packs of stir fry vegs which aren't very dear here and use thinly sliced chicken breast/beef which cooks in around 4 minutes, add veg for 2 mins more, add pre-prepared chowmein or black bean or whatever sauce then the noodles for around another 2 minutes. Its made in one large skillet and should be easily within their capabilities, bless 'em.

Prayers said in our home to yours

x
Rinty and others

Most noodles contain gluten. A forms of rice are Gluten free.

Penny

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:03 pm

by gaylejackson2 ยป Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:16 pm

So MUCH TO DO!!
Gayle also stress to the women at church that you have 2 children that also need to be gluten free.

More {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Penny

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:26 pm

Gayle, Iโ€™m thinking of you and hope you can relax and not try to do too much the next few days.

I had a nice lunch with momโ€™s neighbor.

The dryer vent guy left and it was so worth it. He found a moderate amount of lint in the pipe but the vent on my roof was half blocked. When my roof was replaced he said the roofers always put a new vent cap. They put a screen to keep critters out but it traps the lint and doesnโ€™t need to be there. There is an internal something that opens and closes to prevent critters so the screen is not needed. I was told this previously on my past roof and the dryer vent guy removed the screen then. He replaced the plastic dryer hose (now not up to code) with an aluminum one (Extra $10). When he was on the roof I asked if he would look at the gutter and there was a clump of gravel from the new roof (this is common) and he cleaned it out. I gave him an extra $20 cash for doing this since it is not his job. Cost was actually the amount quoted ($105) even with the extra $10 for the hose because they thought my dryer was on the second floor and price was $10 less because it was the first floor. Iโ€™m very satisfied.

Only bad thing was when he was showing me how to easily remove the dryer hose clamp, I banged the side of my head on the water heater platform. It is OK but I can still feel it a bit.