Daily Check In September 20, 2029

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In September 20, 2029

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:23 pm Thanks Janet, I did not know that and will definitely take some mosquito protection. I luckily have not been bothered by mosquitos here in Florida this summer but I know some people seem to attract them.

Another issue I’ll be aware of is ticks. Cape Cod where I’ll spend two days has had a terrible tick problem for years. Signs everywhere. My friend who went hiking in Vermont this summer told me that ticks are now tiny, not like the ticks of the past, so it is harder to find them on your body. Scary.
That is scary about the ticks. My Mom got Lyme's disease from one at our lake home in Minnesota. A former boyfriend had such a severe case of Lyme's disease he had to have a pacemaker put in. The Drs had a hard time coming up with a diagnosis and he himself finally came up with the idea and when they tested him it he was correct but the damage had been done. I hate bugs!..
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Busy morning,

Up early dogs walked. we went the same way today as yesterday, wanted to take Goldie the same way, luckily one of Goldies very favorite people in the world came by. He rides a "sit down" bike and has his dog with him. Goldie lOVES him and sits across his lap and just smiles. :D

My younger sister is having a surprise party for one of her friends tomorrow so I baked some cookies.

In the mean time, Microsoft was not able to fix the new computer problem so they suggested that I call Dell. (my computer is a Dell) the guy worked on the computer for a couple of hours yesterday then called again this morning. He thinks that the problem is resolved. Don't ask, I have no idea. He did say that one of the problems is a known problem and that there is a fix in the works. He sent me an e-mail wit his address and told me that he was my personnel teck. How cool is this ???

Then DH is mersrable he is hot, and I told him that he COULD NOT turn the kitchen window air on until the cleaned the water up on the counter. (yes, we have the whole house air but DH feels doesn't work well enough. ) So both are usually running. (the window air leaks water on the counter, which is fine , but I ask him to be aware of it and to clean it up )

Asking him to take care of the water lead to DH telling me how much he hates me and that he wants out. He hates everything about me. Oh joy. I did get "mouthily" and I told him that I do know that he hates me and that he shows it everyday and in every way. I told him that if he wants out he needs to do something about it. HA !!!!!

So now I'm doing the laundry and leaving about 1:30pm for the library, there is a sale and I'm working at it .

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

DH just told me that he was sorry for yelling at me. Oh well !!!

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

IC, I would have packed his bag, called a cab and made him a hotel reservation. A couple of days of stewing alone might do wonders for his attitude. (((HUGS)))

Today is my day off work, and I slept in a bit and then babysat for a couple of hours for my single mom friend. The baby would not sleep and his 4 year old brother would not stay out of things. I asked him to wash his hands and found him stark naked in the bathtub and covered with gobs of hair conditioner. So his mom came home to me chasing a naked and very slippery child all over the house. Fortunately, she knows that's how he is!

In just a bit I am going to have a shower to get the baby drool and splattered conditioner off me, and then make a grocery list and think about supper.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:42 pm IC, I would have packed his bag, called a cab and made him a hotel reservation. A couple of days of stewing alone might do wonders for his attitude. (((HUGS)))

Today is my day off work, and I slept in a bit and then babysat for a couple of hours for my single mom friend. The baby would not sleep and his 4 year old brother would not stay out of things. I asked him to wash his hands and found him stark naked in the bathtub and covered with gobs of hair conditioner. So his mom came home to me chasing a naked and very slippery child all over the house. Fortunately, she knows that's how he is!

In just a bit I am going to have a shower to get the baby drool and splattered conditioner off me, and then make a grocery list and think about supper.
Mackie sorry that your good deed turned in to mess. Hope you get some down time to recuperate.
Janet Alliesmama
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Will keep this brief as I keep losing posts with the ads. Never an issue at home but frustrating here in Europe. Today we went on a guided tour of Familia Sagrada and Casa Batlló, both magnificent creations of Gaudí. Beyond words in grandeur! In the afternoon we went to see the Christopher Columbus statue and explored the surrounding area, right on the Mediterranean Sea. Barcelona is amazingly beautiful and the weather has been great! Tomorrow we board the cruise ship.

Yesterday was a bit frustrating trying to navigate to various places by public transit. But decided to go on a HopOn HopOff bus which turned everything around! A great way to get a commentary about the city as well.

We love the Boqueria market! A great place to get some inexpensive nibbles. We also discovered a great supermarket close to our hotel- Carrefour where we could pick up some ready made food and lovely fruits.

Have a great day all!
Creative