Daily check in September 21, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily check in September 21, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Had a great birthday dinner with DS2. He texted me before I left that he was excited to see me. He appreciated his gift. It was a metronome. (timer for beats musicians best friend it seems). He said he was tired of wearing out his phone battery using an app. He is pretty happy.

I need to eat up the refried beans in the fridge. I ate part of the can earlier this week.

Have a great day
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning Frugal Living!

Slept well last night. Maybe too well since i woke up with a sore back. Slept too much?

Have already been out with the pups three times.

One sibling called and said other sibling is on her way here from the city to go eat. Ugh. We all already have "plans". City sibling is just not finding herself. She is over 70 but still works. She likes the social interaction and getting out of the house. But has been out with an injury for about a month now

She is going stir crazy. And we here are pretty set in our ways.

hope she gets back to work soon - :mrgreen:
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I went grocery shopping this morning. I was able to get most of what I needed.

I still have to put most of it away. The cold things are away but not the dry goods and groceries.

I was able to use a lot of coupons. I had had a defective package of trash bags, they tore as you opened the bag to put in your can. The company sent me the coupon to make up for the defective bags. They sent an envelope to mail some defective bags back along with the box.

I bought tall kitchen trash bags the double box was $12.72 but I had a $9 coupon I wasn’t going to waste any of it. The single box was $7.27.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I have been up and busy...finished stacking the 2 huge loads of wood the fiancé brought me on Thursday. Wild cherry, it is a wonderful wood to burn and smells good while burning. Dead tree so it will not have to season.

My hens have really lightened up on the laying of eggs. Getting enough for myself and a very few others, I need to let the homeless shelter know so they won't be expecting any.

I have been rearranging furniture and deep cleaning one room at a time. The library was a pit! Somehow it had become a catch all and I can't stand that.

Made chicken tetrazzini on Thursday, leftovers today for lunch and ? for supper. Maybe pizza...homemade or grilled cheese and taco soup from the freezer.

Off to do whatever
have a good day,
JCKitty
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

yesterday when I got back from the library, DH had cleaned "his" sitting room. He spends all of his waking time in the dining room, that has been turned into a computer room. he spends the day there on his computer !!! It's a mess, but he cleaned up the flor ect and wanted me to know that he did it, he also said that he was watching where the A/C on the counter. LOL Ho well, I guess that I must have "scared" him.

Then he told me that his , the down stairs toliet was clogged up, I THINK that DH uses paper towels in it. Neither of us was able to un clog it so The plumber is on his way. Goody.

I'll be leaving at 2:30pm for my sisters for the surprise party for her friend.

In answer to the question of why, he or I don't take off for a few days, money, I would have to pay for it. DH really has no money.

For years DH refused to work, and I inherited money.

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Gayle,

Thinking of you and sending good thoughts and prayers.

I'm so thankful that your church is there for you and your family. <3

IC