Daily Check-in September 22, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in September 22, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I was up some during the night I was cold, so I turned up the thermostat but evidently not quite enough as it was still cold.

I have washed my hair, changed my bed. I need to call Via Trans, my cities para transit service to see if I can get a ride to the new Housing office.

I am on hold waiting to speak with someone re a ride to my appointment to Housing. I called on the iPhone and have it on speaker phone. It is painful for me to hold the phone for a long time no matter which phone I use.

Since I am on hold I fixed a peanut butter sandwich.

Not much else is new.

Penny
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...

Sunny and warm, though we're supposed to get rain tonight.

Taking care of kitchen work today, plus a bit of laundry. Otherwise, expect a quiet day.

Thinking of Gayle ...

Libby, glad you had a good time with Mr. B!

Rinty, great deal on the dryer!

DG, congrats on the new grandson. Little fellow was in a hurry, wasn't he?
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Where is Jackie today? Hope everything is OK.

I’m home from mom’s house. Didn’t do a tremendous amount but did trim the ixora and the ligustrum hedge under the front windows. I also picked up small branches in the front yard.

Potting soil bag had a lot less in it than I thought, but I brought it home. Bought two bags of mulch and a pack of white vinca from Home Depot but don’t plan to put it down until tomorrow.

I washed a load of laundry including the blouse I’ll send to Gayle. I already have the mailing bag.

I’d like to watch the Emmy Awards tonight but I don’t think I can get Fox with my antenna. So I’ll follow along on Twitter. I hope that Rachel Brosnahan and the rest of the Mrs. Maisel cast win.

Kitty, I watched CBS Sunday Morning on CBSN. I should make a point of watching each week. Loved the story about the Patagonia lady and also Renee Zellweger as Judy Garland. (I want to see that movie.)
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

DGFlorida CONGRATULATIONS on the new grandson! How beautiful! And thanks for the Flylady mention....I REALLY need to give that a run, again. It's been years, and I can see that as I look at my house, lol

Logics....so jealous of your trip! I should have mentioned this tip sooner, but my favorite travel habit is to buy postcards along the way of the great places I visited (there is no way I could take as good photos) and then write on the back as a diary or journal of what I thought of the place, what I did, etc. Use the whole back, and don't mail them (unless you want to!).

Today my achievement was I brushed my teeth, all of them, and then realized as I was brushing my tongue that I was using hydrocortisone cream. Blech! Been working that out with toothpaste, mouthwash, hot tea, and sour lemonade. I can still feel/taste it a bit, but the upshot is that my gums and mouth are not irritated at all, LOL

Have a great day, everyone!
ohjodi
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:13 am I wish I could feel the same way. :( My cable package (tv/internet/phone) is now up to $224 a month. Wish I could find someone to get me hooked up to Roku or other option, etc. Would absolutely need to keep my Hallmark Channels though so don't know if that could be accomplished easily.
If you want current shows, don’t get the stand alone hallmark channel. I am disappointed in it. Philo has the 3 hallmark channels plus a lot more and shows can be recorded and kept for for 30 days. All my favorite channels for 20.00 month.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Oh, blech, Jodi! DG, congrats on the healthy grandson.

DH is sick with a raging fever today. He is a recent diabetic and some new sandals rubbed a blister on his pinky toe that became badly infected. Either the antibiotic is making him run a fever (it's called drug fever and is not uncommon) or the drug is not working on whatever bug he caught. He is going back to the doc tomorrow morning, but his hand surgery scheduled for tomorrow noon is now postponed. I arranged to take the day off tomorrow and may stay home to look after him anyway.

Otherwise, I have done chores around the house and made a trip to CVS with a fistful of coupons. Got some free candy, baby wipes, hand lotion and a Pepsi. Only had to pay for my allergy medication.

Need to give the dachshunds a bath today. They have crushed dried catalpa leaves stuck in their leg feathers and a bath is the easiest way to get them out. Everything is so dry that leaves are falling for lack of water.
Mackie