Daily Check-in September 22, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check-in September 22, 2019

Post by jckitty »

Update

We did go to town for Aldi's and feed store, needed flea meds for dogs and cats so made one trip and got everything at once.

I have everything put away and then cleaned the patio again. Watered the outside plants...so dry around here.

dogs are bathed and towels washed and on lines....very windy and hot, will dry in no time.
Floridacat, I try to never miss my Sunday show...it is uplifting, informative and sets the tone for my day. I loved the Judy Garland segment, she was a favorite of my grandma's and I find her life interesting and sad. I did not knw one thing about the Patagonia lady until today...wow so interesting...I will research her and her late husband.

JCKitty
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

ohjodi wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:32 pm DGFlorida CONGRATULATIONS on the new grandson! How beautiful! And thanks for the Flylady mention....I REALLY need to give that a run, again. It's been years, and I can see that as I look at my house, lol

Logics....so jealous of your trip! I should have mentioned this tip sooner, but my favorite travel habit is to buy postcards along the way of the great places I visited (there is no way I could take as good photos) and then write on the back as a diary or journal of what I thought of the place, what I did, etc. Use the whole back, and don't mail them (unless you want to!).

Today my achievement was I brushed my teeth, all of them, and then realized as I was brushing my tongue that I was using hydrocortisone cream. Blech! Been working that out with toothpaste, mouthwash, hot tea, and sour lemonade. I can still feel/taste it a bit, but the upshot is that my gums and mouth are not irritated at all, LOL

Have a great day, everyone!
My grandmother died in 1917 (!!!!) she died giving birth to my mother :(

One of the things that she left was her "postcard" book, it is beautiful, it has postcards from her trips and postcards from her friends and family.

I save postcards from family members as they travel. (I still need to put them in the book)

Of course now a days people travel and FB :(

IC
Last edited by icfrugal1 on Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

ohjodi wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:32 pm DGFlorida CONGRATULATIONS on the new grandson! How beautiful! And thanks for the Flylady mention....I REALLY need to give that a run, again. It's been years, and I can see that as I look at my house, lol

Logics....so jealous of your trip! I should have mentioned this tip sooner, but my favorite travel habit is to buy postcards along the way of the great places I visited (there is no way I could take as good photos) and then write on the back as a diary or journal of what I thought of the place, what I did, etc. Use the whole back, and don't mail them (unless you want to!).

Today my achievement was I brushed my teeth, all of them, and then realized as I was brushing my tongue that I was using hydrocortisone cream. Blech! Been working that out with toothpaste, mouthwash, hot tea, and sour lemonade. I can still feel/taste it a bit, but the upshot is that my gums and mouth are not irritated at all, LOL

Have a great day, everyone!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another Sunday almost over

Did my bi weekly volunteer duty. Taking longer now that the higher ups want more detailed info. Don't know what they are going to do with it. Anyway the person i help gets a little flustered, so i have to get her to relax....Things will be okay. Once we get it down, it will go faster.

Came home and finally had to take a nap

The weather here is very WARM. You get to the point that you just can't take it any more! lol. When will this end? First day of fall is tomorrow for goodnes sakes! I wasn't this whiny in August.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Hi everyone,

Late post today, I have been out most of the day having fun. We did our wine club pickups and wine tasting; weather was perfect! Cloudy and a little sticky but since we were outdoors most of the afternoon we didn't have the hot sun beating down on us.

While we were out I got a text message from a co-worker at one of the schools I work at asking me to come in this week. I told her I can tomorrow and Wednesday but I am booked at another school on Friday. So another busy week and its the last hot week I hope.

My friend gave me her old Keurig because she said it stopped working so she bought a new one. I am troubleshooting using websites and u-tube videos. I don't have any pods so the work on that will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon. I am also trying to fix everything I can around the house that needs fixing. Good handymen are hard to come by these days so I only call on one for those jobs I physically cannot do (like cleaning the gutters and fixing the gutter guards).

DG Congratulations on the new grandbaby! I hope you will have any good times. And take it easy on the knee. Since you are home all day you can take your time doing the jobs around the house so you don't strain your knee. I have to be careful of my back and sciatica but honestly doing yard duty helps to treat that. My trainer told me doing a lot of sitting makes back problems worse.

Well off to see what I can fix. I have some folding chairs to work on. I hope I can salvage them.

Bev