Daily Check-in September 23, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in September 23, 2019

Post by clemencia2us » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:52 am

Slept much better last night. Even if it did include weird dreams

It was overcast and looked yucky when i first looked out the window, but now the sun is out.

The pack has already been out twice and now they are back asleep

Would have been my usual laundry day, but have a meeting around noon, so will go tomorrow.

I will do other little chores around the house.

Hope all have a great day

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:12 am

I baked oatmeal blueberry muffins for breakfast this morning. I also want to start the chicken soup.

I took the giveaway bin up to the clubroom.

I am going to have to rearrange my computer and the table as the stand I have been using is too high right now. I think it is because my neck is just not as flexible as it used to be.

I made an appointment for my annual eye exam. I am not due until November but because of the Elmiron, which was linked to blindness. I need to have a retina check.

I took the Elmiron for over 12 years.

Penny

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:36 am

Good morning ...
Had rain overnight, but the sun is out now. Forecasts can't agree on temps for the rest of the week, so it is what it is ... LOL!

Went to another free concert in a nearby city ... nice park, and a very nice night for it.

Today, mostly some general chores to do, along with a bit of paid work. Some progress made on the house projects (and the tree skirt).

Busy week coming up ... HOA meeting (DH volunteered to make dessert); I have a potluck with HS friends, so need to make a side dish.

Prayers going out for Gayle; suspect the surgery has begun ...

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:53 am

hello all,

Thoughts and prayers for Gayle.

IT rained last night... brought down lots of nuts on the patio...will clean it again today.
I have the hummingbird feeders in and will be cleaning them for storage here shortly. I put out 2 suet cakes .

The windows are all open and the cool breeze is awesome. I need to run the floor cleaner here in a bit. Truthfully I am enjoying the cool breeze and quiet. I love this type of weather.

No clue yet about supper, something with ground beef...hope inspiration strikes soon LOL.

Have a great day all,
JCKitty

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:31 pm

Good afternoon all.

I’m thinking of Gayle. You are right, Janet, that that is a very long surgery.

Jackie, I’m glad that all is well.

I had a doctor appointment this morning. It went well. Talking with the receptionist, she told me that my cell phone voice mail was full. I’m such a techno no-nothing that it never dawned on me that I had to delete my voice mails. So I’m glad to know!

I stopped at Michaels thinking I could find some fall ribbon to use on the corn on my front door and also my table centerpiece. They had absolutely nothing. (They did have lots of nice fall decor - plaques and floral pieces - but I put blinders on because I don’t have room to store anything.) I was lamenting that I wasn’t near Joann but then I drove by Dollar Tree. Success! I bought burgundy burlap ribbon and I’ve already used it on the front door. I also bought a spool of plaid wired ribbon in fall colors knowing it would be too wide for the corn and probably the centerpiece but I’ll use it in some way.

Then to the library to drop off Homeland. I’ll pick up season two tomorrow at a different library when I meet my friend for “coffee.” I figure I have DWTS to watch tonight.

I don’t feel like putting down my mulch but I may get my mojo back in a few minutes and do it.

Have a good afternoon.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:06 pm

would that time include her recovery time in the OR?