Daily check in October 1, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily check in October 1, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

Today is Jimmy Carter’s 95th Birthday. (He is trending on Twitter.) A highlight of 2018 for me was attending his Sunday school class in Plains. Honest, caring and decent to the core.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Hot and so muggy today, this heat is supposed to let up by Thursday...let it be so.

FloridaCat, I love Jimmy Carter also, because he is such a good man. Have so much fun on your upcoming trip...looking for the books you mentioned, thanks for the suggestions.

I have been busy all morning repotting the rest of the plants and moving them back into the house. I am a sweaty dirty mess but will shower when completely done. I really need to clean the patio again but it may wait until tomorrow.
My to-do list is almost to-done for the day and I have a book calling to me LOL.

I still need to figure out how to over winter 3 plants from my outside planters... think I will pot them and move them to the basement of dads house..IF live it will be great IF they don't , well at least I tried.

Hamburgers for supper tonight, salad and mixed veggies. I hope to grill the burgers outside...depends on the oppressive heat.

Off to finish my list.
JCKitty

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I almost got super lazy and didn't go do my laundry. But i did it!

What a relief after it is done. I had not left the house since Saturday morning - and that was for a funeral mass! I am becoming a hermit - :mrgreen:

Hey - but I am saving money. I have not been to the ATM in two weeks.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:06 am
Today is Jimmy Carter’s 95th Birthday. (He is trending on Twitter.) A highlight of 2018 for me was attending his Sunday school class in Plains. Honest, caring and decent to the core.
Jimmy Carter IS decent to the core. Such an amazing humanitarian....his whole life.

delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Late check-in.. I have loads of dishes and laundry to do. But first I'll be helping DS with homework.

Tonight's dinner will be a cashew pineapple chicken salad on some brioche buns.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good afternoon. The day sort of got away from me. Last night I put chicken broth in my crock pot and let it cook over night with some dried onion, dried celery and one fresh carrot that needed to be used. The house smelled so good this morning. Late last night I peeled a ton of apples and put them on to cook this morning with some cinnamon and a tiny bit of sugar which left the kitchen smelling even more yummy. However they cook down to nothing. I have more to peel and cook down today. Also will cut up the ripe pears from my tree and cook them down. The apples and pears make a nice addition to any meal. Also a great snack. I had some of the apples with cottage cheese for breakfast. A nice change. I think I am going to try Kitty's fried apples next. I made chicken soup with the broth and veggies.I am out of fresh or frozen chicken but opened a large can of canned chicken. Added rice and a little bit of green pepper from the freezer and it turned out well. Would have liked chicken noodle soup but out of gluten free noodles. Still it was good.

We also have hot weather. The weatherman last night said we had the hottest September on record. The previous record was 134 years ago so around 1885. I cannot imagine the misery. They did not have A/C not sure when fans came in to being plus I assume most people were still using wood cook stove..

Florida cat have a great vacation and remember the mosquitoes might be carrying the EEE virus so be careful.

I too am a fan of Jimmy carter. Great man who has contributed to so many worthy things when he could just sit back and relax in his old age.
Janet Alliesmama