Saturday, October 5,2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Saturday, October 5,2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Busy morning. I got a text from the person who takes me grocery shopping she is sick. I called my friend across the hall, she is going to H-E-B this morning I can go with her. Problem solved.

I was able to get most of what was on my list. I put off the tissues for a week. I have enough. The coupon is still good next week. The store clearanced price my favorite cookie and there weren’t any left. I chose a different one.

I was able to use 2 coupons $2.50 for my biotene tooth paste. Regular price is $6.33. I was also able to use the coupon for $4.00 off a basket of $20.00 or more.

I am having steak and an ear of corn for lunch.

I need to get get busy and work on the birthday present for my shopping helper. Her birthday is next Saturday.

Penny
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Hello all,

Am awake in a strange awake, not awake cycle-also awake to take antibiotic.

Have posted about Thursday’s Dr appt, it was interesting. Lots of people been asking me “How do you feel?”, and I suspect some think this whole kerfuffle not to be a harsh & difficult as it really is because of my cheerful attitude. But truly, “ARGH!! People!! I’m in pain!! Strange pain to be sure, but still pain so stop treating me skeptically!” Okay, sorry for the rant.
*sighs* Upper chest hurt as does right armpit, probably near where Dr Matsen removed the lymph node.

Have been reading tonight to catch up on past check-ins, the “tomorrow” (today) is our Church’s semi-annual broadcasted General Conference!! 💛💗💛 Dh has plans to make applesauce with the remaining apples-I have him half-persuaded to juice them first (it REALLY cuts down on the work of cooking apples) in my Victorio Steamer-Juicer. I am to lounge on couch and do nothing/be available for consultation & information, while he & kids do the work. 😁I’m fine with this arrangement, will take along my book.

Dh will also be canning the applesauce, and any juice not gobbled at lunch. Good experience for he & kids to do the canning.💕

Temps have been at/around freezing several nights now this week, good thing Dh & children picked garden clean on Monday. Daytime temps are high 60’s to low 70’s—yesterday was VERY windy and chilly.

Dh took girls and ds15 to go pick up “side of beef” we bought en-route to SLC Thursday-he, dh, was exhausted and kept dozing off. Dh had ds15 driving, says he has picked ds16’s bad driving habits (I reminded him we’ve not had ds15 out to drive much since getting his learner permit in mid-August). I guess wind was so bad, it was rocking the truck from side to side.
Dh also ordered a hog, cut & wrapped, when he paid for the beef—through a wonderful cash gift from dh’s brother & money made hauling hay on weekends, we are able to purchase this meat, it will last us most of 2years. 💗
Lots of Hugs.

My dad used to complain he had to live through 2 cooks learning to cook. My mom didn't learn until she got married. I taught my boys how to cook and do laundry.

When we were in Germany the first time my son was in the hospital. I insisted he needed his security blanket even though I knew it would mean throwing it out later.

Well the day before he was discharged they decided he could keep his blanket but I had to take and wash it. So I was at the laundromat that night washing it. While I waited a young Soldier came in to do his wash. He dumped the colored items into one washer the white went into the other. Then he dumps a tiny box of Tide into each washer and an entire tiny bottle of bleach into the white wash. The box of Tide held 3 wash loads, the bleach bottle about the same. Of course both washers overflowed with suds.

At that time I determined that he would know how to do laundry properly.

One of my daughter friends mom bought her the book: "Where is Mom now that I need her." I also picked up the book for my daughter too. Along with the book "Where is Dad now that I need him". The books are still in print.

Penny
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Greetings and Happy Saturday. Sunny and chilly today. Gayle - thinking of you my sweet friend.

Sick again with another (or the same??) upper respiratory infection. Fever, chills, sore throat, cough, the whole bit.

Much going on - so busy. Have some time off (very much needed) coming up in a couple of weeks and the planning for it requires a lot - so yuck.

Off to buy soup and tissues and cough syrup. Have a good day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:43 am Busy morning. I got a text from the person who takes me grocery shopping she is sick. I called my friend across the hall, she is going to H-E-B this morning I can go with her. Problem solved.

I was able to get most of what was on my list. I put off the tissues for a week. I have enough. The coupon is still good next week. The store clearanced price my favorite cookie and there weren’t any left. I chose a different one.

I was able to use 2 coupons $2.50 for my biotene tooth paste. Regular price is $6.33. I was also able to use the coupon for $4.00 off a basket of $20.00 or more.

I need to get get busy and work on the birthday present for my shopping helper. Her birthday is next Saturday.

Penny
Penny you did some really good frugaling at the grocery store.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:17 pm Greetings and Happy Saturday. Sunny and chilly today. Gayle - thinking of you my sweet friend.

Sick again with another (or the same??) upper respiratory infection. Fever, chills, sore throat, cough, the whole bit.

Much going on - so busy. Have some time off (very much needed) coming up in a couple of weeks and the planning for it requires a lot - so yuck.

Off to buy soup and tissues and cough syrup. Have a good day.
Sheila sorry to hear you are sick again. Hope you feel better soon.. ((hug)).
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by alliesmama4 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:28 am

itspennyc wrote: ↑Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:43 am
Busy morning. I got a text from the person who takes me grocery shopping she is sick. I called my friend across the hall, she is going to H-E-B this morning I can go with her. Problem solved.

Penny
Penny you did some really good frugaling at the grocery store.
My daughter and I both get our local Sunday paper with the coupons. We share coupons. That is how I got the second biotene coupon. I also have told her about some of the digital coupons. H-E-B usually has very good prices. Plus it is local, the company headquarters are down town. I don't like to buy food at Walmart.

I signed up for H-E-B's digital coupons. That saved me $4 today alone.

Penny