Saturday, October 5,2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Saturday, October 5,2019

Post by clemencia2us »

Gayle - yes you are in pain. Don't be afraid to say it

You had some major surgery

My friend only had one breast removed and she said it hurt a lot. Especially since they have to pull your arm up over your head to be able to get to the lymph nodes

You don't feel it on the operating table. And of course the surgeons are going to twist and turn your body to get the best angle to work on you.

So your muscles and tendons have been stretched and they will hurt afterwards.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

As usual we have a chilly morning and a visible wet ground, meaning rain overnight once again. We were hoping for a drying up period so the garden could be tilled and the yard picked up a bit more. Also winterizing of the house needs doing, before actual winter arrives.

Frugally speaking today will be the usual Saturday around the old homestead. I have a small household chore list, and lots of time to supposedly get things done.

Meals as usual will be made from scratch (making extra lazy Cabbage rolls for the freezer today as well), and if the oven is on I may actually throw in some baking.

I will take my daily walk, I am hoping that it is not too cold out and I can travel a bit farther. Yesterday was so windy and cold I cut my walk by a great deal.

I hope to finish the edging on the two scrappy quilts today (and boy are they scrappy fabric and denim wise). I also hope to finish the 5th embroidered tea towel. I had really hoped to have all 6 done so they could be washed and ironed, and in use by the beginning of next week. I don't think that is going to happen. At least I can say I almost have two carried over projects completed (perhaps I can even sandwich the quilts today....).

I will be sending in my grocery/shopping scans and I even think they have a survey for me to complete for even more points.

Supper this evening is going to be Lazy Cabbage rolls, and perhaps some fresh veggies and dip.

Today I am grateful for the fact that Canadian elections only last a few weeks.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, everyone! The phone woke me up early. I let it go to voice mail and gave the dogs their medication, then made a cup of coffee. The dogs were barking at the porch roof, so I went out and found the neighbor's half-grown kitten stuck on the roof. Got him down by holding up a plastic stool for him to jump on, cuddled him a bit and sent him on his way.

Yesterday was very busy for a day off. My glasses broke, so I went to the optical shop and they will order a new hinge and put it on for $15. Then got a haircut, went to the bank, the pharmacy and the gas station, took some bread and lightbulbs to my single mom friend and gave my homeless shelter buddy a ride to the grocery store.

Today there must be laundry done and groceries bought. And cleaning!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes about DH after his hospitalization. He is doing much better and seems to have had a great big wakeup call about his diabetes.
Mackie

rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey All,

Gayle , I'd be tempted to Phone a Friend and escape to their couch whilst as that processin' goes on at your house..............take yourself off for a nap at least. And do try and take the meds BEFORE you are suffering. DH was told that after his heart op, don't wait til you are in pain.

This last week has been quite trying, we've had a lot on. That rear ending car accident has left me with some recurring pain which I'm annoyed by......you know when you just don't need the hassle ?

I am exhausted and want to go all Greta Garbo. Work was bl*&dy annoying, we just don't have the staff for what they want done,leading to EVERYONE being snappy at each other.......which makes for a nice working atmosphere...........NOT.

Oh well.

DH agreed and we've been bustling around getting stuff done and are going out to eat, nowhere exciting just somewhere so we don't have to mess up the kitchen. I am also hiding out from the kids. I'm tired , I work LONG days....I'm as busy as they are and OLDER ;)

DH and I also went shopping ( something we both loathe ) I was desparate for shoes that didn't cripple me from being on my feet all day and DH wanted to see if the shop he had a coat form would honour a guarantee. Surprsingly they did ! He had the coat 2 years after all. They gave him £70 credit towards another one ! More than generous IMO. So he got a new winter coat for £33. And |I got some very UGLY shoes..........comfortable though. And they were good in that shop too, the guy trying to steer me towards a far more attractive pair until we explained it was for work and comfort............

So I 've washed /ironed/scrubbed and tidied and chucked out two bagfuls for the charity shop ( if they'll take them , they always seemt o be full these days )

I am switching off from work , we have to plan and source our own intervention groups and NATURALLY theres no time to do it at work. NOT THIS WEEKEND, BUCKOS !!!!

Curling up on the settee with Strictly Come Dancing this evening, a warm drink and a blanket.

( My lovely DM kept a card someone had sent her for years. It was framed in their study. An older couple are sitting in their lounge surrounded by pictures of children and grandchildren, the phone rings.........." Don't answer it !!!" shouts the woman " One of them wants something ! "

Amen.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:01 am
Hi, everyone! The phone woke me up early. I let it go to voice mail and gave the dogs their medication, then made a cup of coffee. The dogs were barking at the porch roof, so I went out and found the neighbor's half-grown kitten stuck on the roof. Got him down by holding up a plastic stool for him to jump on, cuddled him a bit and sent him on his way.

Yesterday was very busy for a day off. My glasses broke, so I went to the optical shop and they will order a new hinge and put it on for $15. Then got a haircut, went to the bank, the pharmacy and the gas station, took some bread and lightbulbs to my single mom friend and gave my homeless shelter buddy a ride to the grocery store.

Today there must be laundry done and groceries bought. And cleaning!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes about DH after his hospitalization. He is doing much better and seems to have had a great big wakeup call about his diabetes.
Mackie sorry your "day off" was filled with doing so many things for others. You are a blessing to so many.

Sweet that you were able to get the kitty down without endangering yourself.

Glad your DH is becoming more aware of trying to stay on track with diabetes. I worked with a lot of diabetics that were non compliant and some that were complaint and it is sad and scary what can happen. One of my patients said," if you only had some kind of alert that what you are eating is not good for you you might be more diligent." She said," like pain." She said it is not until the disease has progressed to having pain due to medical problems that you start to pay attention and then it is not always able to be reversed. I have had diabetes for about 19 years and it is not an easy road but hopefully your DH will get on track.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:07 am
Hey All,

Gayle , I'd be tempted to Phone a Friend and escape to their couch whilst as that processin' goes on at your house..............take yourself off for a nap at least. And do try and take the meds BEFORE you are suffering. DH was told that after his heart op, don't wait til you are in pain.

This last week has been quite trying, we've had a lot on. That rear ending car accident has left me with some recurring pain which I'm annoyed by......you know when you just don't need the hassle ?

I am exhausted and want to go all Greta Garbo. Work was bl*&dy annoying, we just don't have the staff for what they want done,leading to EVERYONE being snappy at each other.......which makes for a nice working atmosphere...........NOT.

Oh well.

DH agreed and we've been bustling around getting stuff done and are going out to eat, nowhere exciting just somewhere so we don't have to mess up the kitchen. I am also hiding out from the kids. I'm tired , I work LONG days....I'm as busy as they are and OLDER ;)

DH and I also went shopping ( something we both loathe ) I was desparate for shoes that didn't cripple me from being on my feet all day and DH wanted to see if the shop he had a coat form would honour a guarantee. Surprsingly they did ! He had the coat 2 years after all. They gave him £70 credit towards another one ! More than generous IMO. So he got a new winter coat for £33. And |I got some very UGLY shoes..........comfortable though. And they were good in that shop too, the guy trying to steer me towards a far more attractive pair until we explained it was for work and comfort............

So I 've washed /ironed/scrubbed and tidied and chucked out two bagfuls for the charity shop ( if they'll take them , they always seemt o be full these days )

I am switching off from work , we have to plan and source our own intervention groups and NATURALLY theres no time to do it at work. NOT THIS WEEKEND, BUCKOS !!!!

Curling up on the settee with Strictly Come Dancing this evening, a warm drink and a blanket.

( My lovely DM kept a card someone had sent her for years. It was framed in their study. An older couple are sitting in their lounge surrounded by pictures of children and grandchildren, the phone rings.........." Don't answer it !!!" shouts the woman " One of them wants something ! "

Amen.
Rinty sorry that your job is so tough. I know what it is like to be understaffed and yet expected to perform you job and someone else's too.

Glad to hear you and your DH are going to have a causal night out to treat yourselves. You both deserve it and more.

Have you been to a Dr to have your accident problems checked out? You need to get that documented in case something comes along later as a problem that could be related to your accident.
Janet Alliesmama