Saturday, October 5,2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
itspennyc

Re: Saturday, October 5,2019

Post by itspennyc »

by 2dogs+someCats » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:17 am

Greetings and Happy Saturday. Sunny and chilly today. Gayle - thinking of you my sweet friend.

Sick again with another (or the same??) upper respiratory infection. Fever, chills, sore throat, cough, the whole bit.

Much going on - so busy. Have some time off (very much needed) coming up in a couple of weeks and the planning for it requires a lot - so yuck.

Off to buy soup and tissues and cough syrup. Have a good day.
I hope you feel better soon.

Penny

gaylejackson2

Re: Oct 5th 2019 Daily check-in

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:11 am
Okay moving this thread into the one Mrs. Creative started. According to the time stamp she is the first poster of the day.
Very good. Lol, I dozed off before I finished my post. 😁

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dgflorida wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:32 am
Prayers and thoughts to you today, Gayle.
Thank you.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dgflorida wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:11 am
Good morning Gayle and all.

A bit of a down morning. Today, old dance partner and I will likely cancel our upcoming trip to the Smokies. After months of complaining of dizziness, I nagged him to go to the doctor who ordered immediate scans. His heart is failing. They put him on medication and it made him feel worse. He considered going to the hospital. They reduced the medication. Then he saw another doctor who said simply. "You have to stop drinking(alcohol). Well that was a couple of days ago. He didn't think it would be hard and he feels he doesn't drink that much. ( I disagree, but never tell an alcoholic they drink too much) And a drinker for more than 50 years. Yesterday, he said he felt shaky. Could be the medication withdrawal or the DT. Whatever, not likely to be resolved in 4 days.

My kitchen remodeling project was worked around this trip. It took additional effort to pull it together. A lot of additional effort. Now.....limbo. Of course, everything is set in stone for November and any changes would certainly mess something up.

On the frugal front, I should be able to cancel most travel things without penalty. I will know more about that by the end of the day. Meanwhile the weather is nice and most mornings, the windows are open. Minimal ac costs, but well pump costs up due to very dry conditions and necessary watering. Living a frugal life is good.

Today, I am grateful that my old friend will be confronting his alcoholism hopefully before it takes his life. Have a good and frugal day all.
I’m sorry that you don't get to go on your trip, but I’m glad your friend is getting help.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

mbrudnic wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:13 am
I guess sometimes we need to let down our mask and let others see the pain. Glad to see Hubby & kids are making efforts to step up.
Yes indeed.

gaylejackson2

Re: Saturday, October 5,2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

MackerelCat wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:01 am
Hi, everyone! The phone woke me up early. I let it go to voice mail and gave the dogs their medication, then made a cup of coffee. The dogs were barking at the porch roof, so I went out and found the neighbor's half-grown kitten stuck on the roof. Got him down by holding up a plastic stool for him to jump on, cuddled him a bit and sent him on his way.

Yesterday was very busy for a day off. My glasses broke, so I went to the optical shop and they will order a new hinge and put it on for $15. Then got a haircut, went to the bank, the pharmacy and the gas station, took some bread and lightbulbs to my single mom friend and gave my homeless shelter buddy a ride to the grocery store.

Today there must be laundry done and groceries bought. And cleaning!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes about DH after his hospitalization. He is doing much better and seems to have had a great big wakeup call about his diabetes.
I’m glad your hubby is better.