Daily check in October 11, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily check in October 11, 2019

Post by LogicsHere » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:54 am

Hope all are well.

Time running away from me these last few days . . . busy running to lab, doctors and dentists . . . I am so tired of seeing doctors this year.

Yesterday was my Breakfast club, today the lab, tomorrow the dentist and Monday my Primary. I make the appointments early just so that I can have the rest of the day for me. I also need to stop at Kmart or other store as I am looking to replace my tea kettle.

Have spent some time working on my budget for next year, now that the Cola was announced. With all the cuts I've recently made, it'll work.

Well going to go. Have a great day all.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:46 pm

Have done my Grocery shopping. I changed my meat choice from chicken to beef stew meat. I will make beef stew tomorrow. I will bake corn muffins to go with it. I will also bake a pumpkin pie.

My forehead looks great the scab is off. The scar is tiny smaller than the white spot he removed. You can’t even see the scar on my neck. My hair covers most of that in any case.

I fixed liver for lunch. I can buy calves liver already frozen and packed in individual servings. They thaw quickly too in water. Which means I don’t have to plan ahead.

Penny

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Good morning,

We were lucky, we did not lose our power, some neighbors down the road did though, no rhyme or reason to it all.

My younger sister will be riding with me to the memorial for our cousin on Sunday. YEAH I won't have to drive alone. It will be a long drive, 3 hours, so 6 round trip.

I want to clean the house a bit, she is not critical, but still. :roll:

Tomorrow I plan to bake some cookies and take my car in for an oil change, and check up.

Yesterday I had lunch with the "Friends" it was nice, some business but some getting to know people. nice.

IC

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Good afternoon ...

Rains came in here overnight ... it's raining again. Temps are supposed to hit 34 tonight. While there isn't a frost warning, the TV weatherperson suggested either covering things or bringing them in. So, went out during a break in the rain and pulled in my peppers and tomatoes. They'll ripen inside. I'll pull the pots into the garage later this evening.

Yesterday was just one aggravation after another. Some of the caulk had to be redone around the window. Then realized that paint was not OK, so off to the paint store. Apparently they don't make that color anymore, (it's a light primary color ... how can they not make it?) but they managed to match it pretty well. But $25 for a quart of paint, oy!

Today, quick run to the supermarket for on-sale ice cream (course I had to peek in the yellow sticker bins, too. Got cheap pasta and yougurt.) Painting is done, so when it dries, I'll put up the brackets and shade ...

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Cinnamon buns made. Oven is heating to bake the pies. It looks like I just might get everything that needs doing today done.

I even managed to dust Hubbys man cave and grt the front of the fridge cleaned.

Taking a bit of a break and then move onto the interior of the fridge and a bit of sewing.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Jackielou wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:29 pm
Cinnamon buns made. Oven is heating to bake the pies. It looks like I just might get everything that needs doing today done.

I even managed to dust Hubbys man cave and grt the front of the fridge cleaned.

Taking a bit of a break and then move onto the interior of the fridge and a bit of sewing.
Jackie I bet your house smells lovely. Hope the smell is still lingering when your sons come home. Nothing is more loving and inviting than walking in to a home filled with the smell of cinnamon and pies. Then again baking in general is so inviting.
Janet Alliesmama