Daily check in October 11, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily check in October 11, 2019

Post by littlemiss63 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Dh was significantly more grumpy going out & coming back this time. **One minute he's telling me how worried be’s been for me, then 10 minutes later he’s growling at me for being “argumentative, bitchy, mean, rude, etc.” Then I cry, then 30 minutes later he apologizes. REPEAT** Oh yeah, so much fun!!
Gayle, I am so mad at your hubby until I could bite a ten-penny nail in two! The only thing that I can say is "your a better woman" than I am. He has absolutely no right to verbally abuse you and that is exactly what he's doing. Does he treat other people the way he does you? You are going through so much now, both mentally & physically and you need all the support you can get from him. He's suppose to be your partner, the one who has your back and from where I sit he's not living up to his end of the vows. I don't know about you, but when I got married I agreed to take care of my husband in sickness and health.

I have always felt that a person really means what they say when they verbally voice it out loud. I know the bible says to turn the other cheek, but this is ridiculous. He hurts your feelings, makes you cry and then has the nerve to say "I'm sorry", then repeats it again. I don't believe a word of what he's saying, he's not sorry or he wouldn't do it again.

You are in a situation with five kids that are seeing him mistreat their Mother, what kind of example is that for his boys who will someday have wives themselves? I am really sad for you and you are in my prayers. I probably should keep my mouth shut, but I just couldn't.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Hi Everyone,

A real late check-in for me, but I went to bed when I got home from my dialysis treatment and now I am wide awake. Another rainy day in Tennessee and we are expecting more tomorrow. Our temp has dropped to 60º, but it feels wonderful. I had really hoped to wash my windows on the outside tomorrow, but doesn't look like that will happen.

I enjoyed another bowl of my leftover soup and like DG says, "it felt good to be frugal". For a couple of dollars, cost of tomatoes,onions & spices I made 3 meals from food that would have been thrown away in many homes. I've got one more bowl left and I'm going to make me a pan of cornbread tomorrow to eat with it. I have some steak that's been in the freezer a little longer that I like and I'm going to put it in my dutch oven to get it really tender and then add a package of mixed frozen veggie's to it for another batch. With the cooler weather it will hit the spot.

Janet, I misunderstood what you posted. I didn't realize that you didn't like Pot Roast, I thought your Mother wouldn't let you in the kitchen to learn how to do one. I was going to help you out through cyberspace. :roll: :roll:

I hope everyone has a great week-end and Jackie enjoy those boys being home. I know they are going to enjoy all of those great meals you will be fixing them. I wish I had one of your cinnamon rolls right now. Those are my favorites.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:27 am Hi Everyone,

A real late check-in for me, but I went to bed when I got home from my dialysis treatment and now I am wide awake. Another rainy day in Tennessee and we are expecting more tomorrow. Our temp has dropped to 60º, but it feels wonderful. I had really hoped to wash my windows on the outside tomorrow, but doesn't look like that will happen.

I enjoyed another bowl of my leftover soup and like DG says, "it felt good to be frugal". For a couple of dollars, cost of tomatoes,onions & spices I made 3 meals from food that would have been thrown away in many homes. I've got one more bowl left and I'm going to make me a pan of cornbread tomorrow to eat with it. I have some steak that's been in the freezer a little longer that I like and I'm going to put it in my dutch oven to get it really tender and then add a package of mixed frozen veggie's to it for another batch. With the cooler weather it will hit the spot.

Janet, I misunderstood what you posted. I didn't realize that you didn't like Pot Roast, I thought your Mother wouldn't let you in the kitchen to learn how to do one. I was going to help you out through cyberspace. :roll: :roll:

Libby that is ok. I do appreciate your trying to help me to cook.. It was very thoughtful of you. Mom was weird about allowing me in the kitchen. She never shared her recipes. I have her recipe box and sometimes it is just ingredients written down on a recipe card. No indication of what the recipe was for. The funny thing is one day when I was visiting her she decided to show me how to make stew.. I HATE stew!...lol. She said, "Your Dad use to say I made the best stew in the world." Ok, but Dad is dead and I hate stew and so does my brother..So this is the one recipe she decided to share with me..lol. You gotta laugh it is so ridiculous. Your soup ideas do sound yummy. I love soup of all kinds.
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:16 am Gayle, I am so mad at your hubby until I could bite a ten-penny nail in two! The only thing that I can say is "your a better woman" than I am. He has absolutely no right to verbally abuse you and that is exactly what he's doing. Does he treat other people the way he does you? You are going through so much now, both mentally & physically and you need all the support you can get from him. He's suppose to be your partner, the one who has your back and from where I sit he's not living up to his end of the vows. I don't know about you, but when I got married I agreed to take care of my husband in sickness and health.

I have always felt that a person really means what they say when they verbally voice it out loud. I know the bible says to turn the other cheek, but this is ridiculous. He hurts your feelings, makes you cry and then has the nerve to say "I'm sorry", then repeats it again. I don't believe a word of what he's saying, he's not sorry or he wouldn't do it again.

You are in a situation with five kids that are seeing him mistreat their Mother, what kind of example is that for his boys who will someday have wives themselves? I am really sad for you and you are in my prayers. I probably should keep my mouth shut, but I just couldn't.
Nah, don't keep your mouth shut. 😉