Daily check in October 11, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in October 11, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Another beautiful do something day in Florida.

Today, I will continue working in the garden, mostly toting mulch to my newly de-weeded beds. Also get out my paint brush and give some areas a redo, or first do.

Today, I am grateful for this wonderful weather and the ability to get outside and enjoy it. Have a good day all.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check in October 11, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning Dg and everyone.

I slept well last night. We had storms move in early evening and off and on during the night. It is still in the 60's but going to drop as the day goes on. Poor Teddi was having a melt down during the storms he wanted in my lap and then he did not. Up and down. I tried to comfort him but I was already exhausted and finally told him to go lay down. He did and fell asleep. I guess he just needed a direction to as to what to do. He did spend the night under the couch. He has refused to go out to potty even when there was a break in the storms. He sill refuses to go out this morning even though the rain has stopped. Hopefully when day breaks he will go out. I worry about the stress on his urinary track system. I kept telling him it was ok to potty in the garage but he just looked confused.

Today I plan on making pasta sauce. I bought ground chuck at Aldi's the other day and have pasta sauce from Ruler. I will add some of my own seasonings to make it more tasty. I have a spaghetti squash and will make that for dinner tonight. Also will freeze some of the meat sauce to make gluten free lasagna sometime down the road. Will also have to cook down some of my ripe pears. When the weather turns cold I love to cook.
Have a good and frugal day.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is here!

Finally the cool front that we have all been waiting for. Down to 65 degrees. Also raining a bit.

We will be whining about the cold weather in 1..2..3..lol :lol:
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining and until the new snow falls tonight and tomorrow, most of the snow on the roads have turned into puddles of water. Of course there is still some snow on lawns, vehicles, and houses. If (and notice I say if) the weather changes as predicted next week, we should perhaps get rid of it all at a point later in the week. Still snow is expected to fall later today and tomorrow, so I will still worry about driving conditions for the DS's on the way home.

Lots to do today to ready my home for the holiday. It is a real mess here, and I am finding that because of said topsy, turvey house I don't want to decorate for the holiday. Instead I am finding new places to put things out of the road and hoping that when our carpet goes in and all furniture is back in place I can actually have the ability to find everything once again.

I started the dough for the cinnamon buns this morning and hope to get those done very early (ran out of time yesterday) and the pies made today as well and the carrot cake iced. The fridge is almost done so I will continue with the straightening and using up of that today (my lunch will be leftover salad with some protein chopped into it).

On top of that are my regular household tasks for a Friday and of course my daily constitutional.

Once all those tasks are done, I will do some of the tasks that didn't get accomplished yesterday and perhaps enjoy the afternoon by knitting and/or sewing.

I overheard our Parish Council chairperson complaining that we got nothing really accomplished at our last meeting to a relative of hers. I almost wanted to tell her that perhaps if she kept the group on topic and remembered that after 1 1/2 hours peoples minds go blank we might have done better. I didn't, but I do feel that she should not have been discussing things with someone who is not on our council and whom I know will run with it through the community. We are always being reminded not to gossip and yet this could actually fall under that heading by one of the people who is always telling us not to gossip. (Does that make sense?)

Supper this evening will be Glace and eggs with boiled potatoes. It is something the boys can quickly heat up and eat when they get home.

Today I am grateful for the sun peaking through the clouds.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LittleMiss

Love your soup ideas!

I made a chicken soup with almost leftover everything. Leftover rotessierie chicken, leftover frozen veggies etc. I did add a can of Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and green chili. Added a nice red splash of color and a tiny bit of spice.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I resolved to do a better job of checking in first thing in the AM again. Since I decided to give up the 4x10 hour workdays, I don't start until 7 AM, so theoretically I should have the time. But this morning I got to move my car. They are blacktopping/sealing the parking lots and roads int eh apartment complex. My area was scheduled for today, but I guess the threat of rain later today postponed it. It looks like the missed another section earlier this week. They will make it up next week.

Tonight I am babysitting while DS & DDIL attend the wedding rehearsal. Ex is babysitting all day tomorrow since he elected NOT to go to the Wedding. He told DS it woudl be too awkward. He needs to get over himself. Tonight I get to take the boys to DGS5's Boy scout Trunk or treat. As for tomorrow, the Wedding is at 1 and the reception does not start until 5 with the Cocktail hour. So DDIL's Mom and I are probably going to a movie: Downton Abby. LOL!

Have a great day,
Maggie