Daily check in October 11, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check in October 11, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:22 pm
Good afternoon ...

Rains came in here overnight ... it's raining again. Temps are supposed to hit 34 tonight. While there isn't a frost warning, the TV weatherperson suggested either covering things or bringing them in. So, went out during a break in the rain and pulled in my peppers and tomatoes. They'll ripen inside. I'll pull the pots into the garage later this evening.

Yesterday was just one aggravation after another. Some of the caulk had to be redone around the window. Then realized that paint was not OK, so off to the paint store. Apparently they don't make that color anymore, (it's a light primary color ... how can they not make it?) but they managed to match it pretty well. But $25 for a quart of paint, oy!

Today, quick run to the supermarket for on-sale ice cream (course I had to peek in the yellow sticker bins, too. Got cheap pasta and yougurt.) Painting is done, so when it dries, I'll put up the brackets and shade ...
Wolf we are having similar weather here. Glad you were able to harvest your veggies.

Bummer on the cost of your paint but at least you can finish your project and get the room restored.

Good job on the pasta and yogurt. Love finding bargains too. Wish we could find the ones that Rinty does where she lives.
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:17 pm
Wolf we are having similar weather here. Glad you were able to harvest your veggies.

Bummer on the cost of your paint but at least you can finish your project and get the room restored.

Good job on the pasta and yogurt. Love finding bargains too. Wish we could find the ones that Rinty does where she lives.
I wish I could find the deals you get never mind the ones Rinty gets.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:34 pm
I wish I could find the deals you get never mind the ones Rinty gets.
Thanks Jackie that makes me feel good..
Janet Alliesmama

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Cold here today, same yesterday. It snowed here yesterday for 30 minutes. Currently 45*F, 22deg predicted tonight. Night-time lows to be in low 20’s to mid-30’s for next ten days, daytime highs in mid-50’s to mid-60’s.

Got home from cancer appointment about an hour and half ago.

Just posted my latest update in my cancer thread, I typed it so that I can copy & paste onto an email for family/friends later.

Dh was significantly more grumpy going out & coming back this time. **One minute he's telling me how worried be’s been for me, then 10 minutes later he’s growling at me for being “argumentative, bitchy, mean, rude, etc.” Then I cry, then 30 minutes later he apologizes. REPEAT** Oh yeah, so much fun!!

We went to Ogden after my appt so he could do some stuff for work. As he gets back on the freeway, he asks if I’m hungry, Yes I am says me (tho I Hate eating anymore because I can eat So Little, and little Tastes Good except ice cream!), “well I’m not, can you wait til Heber?” Oh sure, wait 2 more hours for food? Yeah why eat now when you're hungry, when you can be starving in 2 hours??!!! So I ate Way Too Much which means major Tummyache now 4-5 hours later.

I think I should have been making easy recipe lists these past two weeks, but didn't so I'll try to do that tomorrow. I’ve been keeping track of the meals brought to us, so can look at those, then think about our favorite easy meals, and go from there. Maybe soups & pasta a lot.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:46 pm
Have done my Grocery shopping. I changed my meat choice from chicken to beef stew meat. I will make beef stew tomorrow. I will bake corn muffins to go with it. I will also bake a pumpkin pie.

My forehead looks great the scab is off. The scar is tiny smaller than the white spot he removed. You can’t even see the scar on my neck. My hair covers most of that in any case.

I fixed liver for lunch. I can buy calves liver already frozen and packed in individual servings. They thaw quickly too in water. Which means I don’t have to plan ahead.

Penny
Penny great to hear your forehead has healed so well.
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:31 pm
Hello friends,

Cold here today, same yesterday. It snowed here yesterday for 30 minutes. Currently 45*F, 22deg predicted tonight. Night-time lows to be in low 20’s to mid-30’s for next ten days, daytime highs in mid-50’s to mid-60’s.

Got home from cancer appointment about an hour and half ago.

Just posted my latest update in my cancer thread, I typed it so that I can copy & paste onto an email for family/friends later.

Dh was significantly more grumpy going out & coming back this time. **One minute he's telling me how worried be’s been for me, then 10 minutes later he’s growling at me for being “argumentative, bitchy, mean, rude, etc.” Then I cry, then 30 minutes later he apologizes. REPEAT** Oh yeah, so much fun!!

We went to Ogden after my appt so he could do some stuff for work. As he gets back on the freeway, he asks if I’m hungry, Yes I am says me (tho I Hate eating anymore because I can eat So Little, and little Tastes Good except ice cream!), “well I’m not, can you wait til Heber?” Oh sure, wait 2 more hours for food? Yeah why eat now when you're hungry, when you can be starving in 2 hours??!!! So I ate Way Too Much which means major Tummyache now 4-5 hours later.

I think I should have been making easy recipe lists these past two weeks, but didn't so I'll try to do that tomorrow. I’ve been keeping track of the meals brought to us, so can look at those, then think about our favorite easy meals, and go from there. Maybe soups & pasta a lot.
Dang but I want to come down there and give your Hubby a good swift kick in the butt.

Gayle, you put up with so much. You take care.