Daily Check In October 12th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Daily Check In October 12th

Post by rinty »

Morning !

Just watched the Vienna marathon. Under 2 hours , wonderful ! Well done Eliud Kigchoge !

DH is off doing the shopping, he won't find a Yellow Sticker at this hour. Mind you he is fairly rigid with the list and its basically dairy and a cauliflower ;)

I had a lie in til 8am and it was WONDERFUL. When I said that I could cover two peoples jobs on the Friday before last I meant for ONE day............did it for the next week too and I am pretty much done. I must have lost weight though as I snatched about 10 mins break overall at work and I'm there til 5.30 and too tired to eat much when I was at home.

Lovely moment yesterday , I left as the after school group were having their tea and I realised I was starving......" Ooooh ! " say I " I just fancy a nice cheesy crisp could anyone spare me one ?"

These are their favourites and you basically have to prise them from their cold dead hands but those darling little beasties recognised a need and a dozen 5 to 7 yr olds raced over each holding a couple of squished crisps....and you better believe I ate them :shock: The older kids decided I could manage and chomped away stolidly not meeting my eyes..............

ANYWAY, got two loads of washing done and hung to dry on racks, one more to go. House is okay, an hours housework will make it company ready.

Today I do need to fix my glasses and pack away all the Christmas presents on one place so no chance of any duplicate gifts cos I forget stuff.

Found a wonderful youtuber who had several simple Halloween crafts, I love papercrafting so that's Craft Club sorted. They simply aren't seamstresses this time so I am playing to their strengths. The 3 d paper punkins are gorgeous and very effective if you make a bowlful of different sizes .

Babysitting tonight but no problem there.

Watched more crafting stuff and its revitalised me, the person doing it was sooooo enthusiastic and " Have A Go !"

I might pop out for some toiletries for a quick trip abroad ( oooh ! exciting !) but otherwise don't want to be tempted to spend anything so tucked up here watching the rain.

Have a lovely weekend all !

Edited to add.DH returned with his Caveman " I Bring FOOD " vibe and 2 large quiche Lorraine and a pack 'o four pork pies..........YELLOW STICKER lunches for the week, total of £1.05 for all three .
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In October 12th

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning.

Thought I'd pop in before I run out the door for the dentist. I might also stop at Kmart and BB&B on way back as I am planning to buy a new tea kettle and I really need to see them in person.

The weather all week has been gray and dismal. Doesn't leave one feeling much like doing anything but sleeping.

Have already had some fun on the computer . . . love playing the slots. Won virtual coins on both sites today.

Almost mid-October already . . . unbelievable.

Lunch will be a salad and some leftover soup from last night. Dinner will be a piece of chicken, potato and veggie with an apple for dessert.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:47 am Morning !

Just watched the Vienna marathon. Under 2 hours , wonderful ! Well done Eliud Kigchoge !

DH is off doing the shopping, he won't find a Yellow Sticker at this hour. Mind you he is fairly rigid with the list and its basically dairy and a cauliflower ;)

I had a lie in til 8am and it was WONDERFUL. When I said that I could cover two peoples jobs on the Friday before last I meant for ONE day............did it for the next week too and I am pretty much done. I must have lost weight though as I snatched about 10 mins break overall at work and I'm there til 5.30 and too tired to eat much when I was at home.

Lovely moment yesterday , I left as the after school group were having their tea and I realised I was starving......" Ooooh ! " say I " I just fancy a nice cheesy crisp could anyone spare me one ?"

These are their favourites and you basically have to prise them from their cold dead hands but those darling little beasties recognised a need and a dozen 5 to 7 yr olds raced over each holding a couple of squished crisps....and you better believe I ate them :shock: The older kids decided I could manage and chomped away stolidly not meeting my eyes..............

ANYWAY, got two loads of washing done and hung to dry on racks, one more to go. House is okay, an hours housework will make it company ready.

Today I do need to fix my glasses and pack away all the Christmas presents on one place so no chance of any duplicate gifts cos I forget stuff.

Found a wonderful youtuber who had several simple Halloween crafts, I love papercrafting so that's Craft Club sorted. They simply aren't seamstresses this time so I am playing to their strengths. The 3 d paper punkins are gorgeous and very effective if you make a bowlful of different sizes .

Babysitting tonight but no problem there.

Watched more crafting stuff and its revitalised me, the person doing it was sooooo enthusiastic and " Have A Go !"

I might pop out for some toiletries for a quick trip abroad ( oooh ! exciting !) but otherwise don't want to be tempted to spend anything so tucked up here watching the rain.

Have a lovely weekend all !

Edited to add.DH returned with his Caveman " I Bring FOOD " vibe and 2 large quiche Lorraine and a pack 'o four pork pies..........YELLOW STICKER lunches for the week, total of £1.05 for all three .
Rinty I do not know how you manage to work and do all of the things at home too. Yes your DH helps but still you still manage to do all of those things that a Mum does to make a house a home.

Yum on the caveman finds. Quiche Lorraine Yummy. Do not think I have ever had a pork pie.

Enjoy your short week-end before you dive back in to the work week.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good frosty morning everyone. We had our first freeze this morning. It is
(32 F ) (0 C) with a wind chill of (25 F) ( -4 C). I hope this helps our leaves to turn more to Fall colors.

Logic's we had rain off and on all day yesterday and unlike most people I get more energized.Can we say Weird !..lol.

It is chilly and sunny here today so I plan on staying in and doing some cooking. I am not sure yet what but I do have a lot of food and will enjoy cooking it.
Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept in as I was up late visiting with the "boys" (who of course are men now, but will always be my babies). Eldest actually made it home around 9:30 last night. Seems yesterday was his prep period before the end of the day, and because the teachers had no meetings after the students left, he decided to leave at about 11:30 am. Hence the surprise when he came through the door.

This morning everyone but me is still in bed sound asleep. I will do a few tasks then head out the door to enjoy a lovely brisk (and I do mean brisk) walk. I will remember a headband and gloves today.

Frugally speaking this will be a no spend day, though I might make a quick trip to the library at some point to get more reading material and renew a book, this will be a no drive day as well. I will spend the time feeding my family and preparing for "the feast" as the sons have called big meals since they were small.

I have a few frugal tasks to accomplish and then now that the two quilts are pinned together or sandwiched, I think a bit of sewing is in order at some point today. Hubby's sweater for Christmas is coming along, but I also need to get started on the sewing portion of his gift. I really would like to be done by the end of this month.

I had planned on making a sausage casserole for supper tonight (it is even on the monthly menu plan I make), but have decided that perhaps feeding the guys something they love and might not get too often is appropriate. So tonight we will be having Biorkies or as the DS's call them Cabbage Bread. All I have to do is pull them out of the freezer and cook them. I may serve some raw veggies on the side or make some homemade fries.

Today I am so grateful to have a full house once again.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

It is cold, well for South Central Texas. I turned the heat on last night just enough so it wouldn’t get too cold during the night.

I baked oatmeal blueberry muffins for breakfast. I put left overs into the freezer.

When I finish my coffee I am going to start beef stew. This afternoon I hope to bake a pumpkin pie, time will tell.

I got the yarn I ordered for the pie. It is itchy so once the 2 pieces are knit I am getting rid of it. I won’t even look at this yarn again. It would cost more to return than I paid for the yarn.

Not much else is new here.

Penny