Daily Check in Oct 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in Oct 13, 2019

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, orgasmic oatmeal would be an international best seller! :-D Auto correct does such amazing things to one's sentences.

DH and I went out for lunch and I have been hand-sewing a frayed seam on his work trousers. They are canvas and the seam is too heavy to go through the sewing machine.

It is sunny and cool today, but so very dry. We desperately need rain.
Mackie
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey Mackie, Come to England for some rain, its been chucking it down for around 3 weeks straight............

Nearly bedtime here. Nice day all round. Dinner was LOVELY, and we sent home desserts and still have some for us for the week ahead, date slice and brownie. I doubled the date slice recipe as both DDs are fans.

Little bit of every else left, bit of cauli cheese, a few roasties and a bit of gammon.

Menu for the week ahead is............

Oatmeal or Weetabix for breakfast. Quiche and salad for lunches til we run out of DH Yellow Sticker bargains ;)

Dinners..........Monday, lentil and bacon homemade soup from the liquor of boiling the gammon............YUM.

Tuesday ..........Frittata, using all own veg, new pots, French beans, onions, shallots etc

Wednesday..........vegetable stew and cheese dumplings from an old Margurite Patten wartime cookbook. I used to make it a lot whenthe kids were little, the DDs especially love it.

Thursday............pasta dish........poss sardine and tomato.......sounds vile but actually a MEditeranean recipe and VERY nice.

DGKs have been stars, its been art, art , art all weekend. Today the 12 yr old asked me to work with him, he picked a topic and we both worked on it, ( my craft room means YES I do have good quality sketch pads and watercolour pencils ;) ) His sisters...........6 and 3 wanted in on this, so I sketched out a picture and they coloured it in very seriously ( no scribblin' , G'ma !)

ANYWAY, this week is a relief re work as my collegue is now back after 9 days off so WHOOT it will seem like a holiday only doing my job.

Wednesday will be trying. its poor DS MRI scan, all good thoughts and prayers welcomed as I don't see how this is going to work and bless him, he'll be so stressed out by the idea of it never mind anything else.

So , hope everyone is well and happy this week coming as I can't see me having time to pop in and post, I need to make up my time off as I 'll be at the hospital all day .

Love to all, thoughts to Littlemiss, dialysis is a bugger, you make me think of my DM.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Alliesom

i bet Teddi looks fabulous in his little shirts. I love seeing pups in clothing

I bought some littel jean shorts for my Chi and he refused to put them on.

Now he will wear a winter sweater
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Time is going by so fast! We are already having turkey dinners at church, school etc.

Oh and Maggie - I too was thrilled to be able to wear my jeans and fuzzy socks. I love the brisk weather

It is getting warm again, but it is still nice and chilly in the house. It will hold the cold air for a day or so after it starts to warm up. Unfortunately it works the other way too - will hold the heat after it starts cooling down.

Just got home from my bi-weekly church volunteer duty. It took us too long today. We made a mistake somewhere. Oh well. We got it done.

Well going to read the news and see what is going on

Have a great evening.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:28 am . woo hoo.. if only we could buy that.lol. .
I've made mine like that by adding about 1/4 cup of granola cereal, yummmm! You can add it before or after cooking.
ohjodi
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I did too much yesterday, this morning I changed the sheets, before I finished making the bed, my daughter rotated the mattress for me. The sheets are clean in the dryer. I washed a white wash before the sheets.

I emptied the dish drainer and the dishwasher. Then tackled the dishes in the sink. Mostly 2 muffin pans, the container from the beef stew. Everything that goes into the dishwasher went in there.

Penny