Daily check in October 15, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily check in October 15, 2019

Post by rinty »

Too much to do and no chance to do it :shock:

NOT covering two peoples jobs, BUT covering someone ELSES job. This involves working in a class of children I have never seen before in my life...............who have ISSUES.

Yes, its been a trying couple of days.

Also had an older child be OBNOXIOUS in the extreme to me.

It did not end well. Not for me I hasten to add.

ANYWAY

Given a mini pack of macaroons ( from MandS !) by a grateful collegue and YES I ate them all.

Also stopped in the middle of lunchtime madness by 6yr with a large wad of folded paper "That's nice dear" I say in a distracted manner whilst trying to direct kids to their seats/clear tables. 6 yr olds are very persistant and she wasn't leaving until I had unfolded this picture ( MASSIVE A3 sized drawing of a Halloween dinosaur ) " Its for YOU !" Apparently I had expressed my liking for both Halloween and dinosaurs in her hearing.

Its a cool picture.

I brought it home.

I am fraught re tomorrows MRI and just wittering. early start tomorrow.

Eating More of DH fab lentil nd bacon homemade soup of LUSHNESS and watching Great Britsih Bake Off.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Had an early busy morning

Went to help with a local food bank. We had lots of volunteers this time. Went by quickly! But still tiring. It was a warm day - 95 degrees, but another cold front should be here tonight.

Back to blue jeans and light sweater. Today t-shirt and shorts!
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening everyone,

Finally feel well again. Cough has pretty much subsided and I don’t feel the effects of jet lag anymore. Such a pleasure to feel good again!

I had a very fun day. Today was the official opening of a new Marshals store. The first 100 customers would receive a $10 gift card. It was all very civilized with a security guard in place. I ended up being customer 103! Oh well, not the end of the world! I bought a European inspired hat for my sister. I know I’m terrible but I honestly didn’t make it to a decent souvenir shop in London. Only a stall on the corner of a street where I did manage to buy some coasters dd2 had requested. My sister wanted a hat since our grandmother was a milliner. But a British made hat start at about $150 U.S, so beyond my budget. I bought her a hat from Marshals made in Italy and it fits my budget beautifully. And really resembles some of the Christy hats. Hopefully it will remain my little secret. It’s the best I can do.

I also took in my camera SD card to have some photos developed. I have to be patient as I opted for next day service. The ones on my IPhone will get developed through Shutterfly. also ordered a photo book just to see how it turns out.

In the afternoon I had walking club then went for coffee with my friends. Dh had gone for a round of golf so I didn’t feel guilty.

Rinty sorry you had a rough day at work. I remember those days well! And have only been directly sworn at by a junior kindergarten student. (Age 4). And trust me, he had some choice words!! But truly a victim of his environment!

Have a wonderful evening all. Hope you feel better Floridacatlover!

Creative
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

rinty wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:01 pmEating More of DH fab lentil nd bacon homemade soup of LUSHNESS and watching Great Britsih Bake Off.
We're watch the bake off on Netflix weekly as they release it (I think each episode is added the day after it airs in England). Love that show. It's one of the few competitive things we'll watch, they're so very friendly toward each other, not at all like some other competitions I've seen.

Don't get me wrong, I like Chopped, but sometimes, the contestants.... It's like "yes, we know, you're a butcher and reeeeeally want the money, but now put the knife down and stop making murderous faces at the camera."
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Mrscreative wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:13 pm Good evening everyone,

Finally feel well again. Cough has pretty much subsided and I don’t feel the effects of jet lag anymore. Such a pleasure to feel good again!

I had a very fun day. Today was the official opening of a new Marshals store. The first 100 customers would receive a $10 gift card. It was all very civilized with a security guard in place. I ended up being customer 103! Oh well, not the end of the world! I bought a European inspired hat for my sister. I know I’m terrible but I honestly didn’t make it to a decent souvenir shop in London. Only a stall on the corner of a street where I did manage to buy some coasters dd2 had requested. My sister wanted a hat since our grandmother was a milliner. But a British made hat start at about $150 U.S, so beyond my budget. I bought her a hat from Marshals made in Italy and it fits my budget beautifully. And really resembles some of the Christy hats. Hopefully it will remain my little secret. It’s the best I can do.

I also took in my camera SD card to have some photos developed. I have to be patient as I opted for next day service. The ones on my IPhone will get developed through Shutterfly. also ordered a photo book just to see how it turns out.

In the afternoon I had walking club then went for coffee with my friends. Dh had gone for a round of golf so I didn’t feel guilty.

Rinty sorry you had a rough day at work. I remember those days well! And have only been directly sworn at by a junior kindergarten student. (Age 4). And trust me, he had some choice words!! But truly a victim of his environment!

Have a wonderful evening all. Hope you feel better Floridacatlover!

Creative
My son is an amateur photographer and has an SD "adapter" that holds even the tiniest of SD cards so you can put it in the SD slot of your laptop and send the files to Shutterfly that way.

Until he pointed it out I didn't even know my laptop HAD an SD slot :lol:
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Yes I could have done it that way as well. But since I’m in Canada, you get slapped with some substantial postage fees even though my processing is supposed to be “free”,since I have the phone App.

I don’t mind supporting a local business and the cost of processing was a reasonable 30 cents Canadian/print. And their quality is excellent! I have sooo many photos already on my computer that it takes ages to upload. That was another determining factor!

Creative