Daily check in October 15, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily check in October 15, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:01 pm Too much to do and no chance to do it :shock:

NOT covering two peoples jobs, BUT covering someone ELSES job. This involves working in a class of children I have never seen before in my life...............who have ISSUES.

Yes, its been a trying couple of days.

Also had an older child be OBNOXIOUS in the extreme to me.

It did not end well. Not for me I hasten to add.

ANYWAY

Given a mini pack of macaroons ( from MandS !) by a grateful collegue and YES I ate them all.

Also stopped in the middle of lunchtime madness by 6yr with a large wad of folded paper "That's nice dear" I say in a distracted manner whilst trying to direct kids to their seats/clear tables. 6 yr olds are very persistant and she wasn't leaving until I had unfolded this picture ( MASSIVE A3 sized drawing of a Halloween dinosaur ) " Its for YOU !" Apparently I had expressed my liking for both Halloween and dinosaurs in her hearing.

Its a cool picture.

I brought it home.

I am fraught re tomorrows MRI and just wittering. early start tomorrow.

Eating More of DH fab lentil nd bacon homemade soup of LUSHNESS and watching Great Britsih Bake Off.
My girls & I started watching the Great British Bake off yesterday on Netflix; I watched a few more episodes today. I admit to confusion though, do I start with collection 1 or collection 7?
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:01 pm Too much to do and no chance to do it :shock:

NOT covering two peoples jobs, BUT covering someone ELSES job. This involves working in a class of children I have never seen before in my life...............who have ISSUES.

Yes, its been a trying couple of days.

Also had an older child be OBNOXIOUS in the extreme to me.

It did not end well. Not for me I hasten to add.

ANYWAY

Given a mini pack of macaroons ( from MandS !) by a grateful collegue and YES I ate them all.

Also stopped in the middle of lunchtime madness by 6yr with a large wad of folded paper "That's nice dear" I say in a distracted manner whilst trying to direct kids to their seats/clear tables. 6 yr olds are very persistant and she wasn't leaving until I had unfolded this picture ( MASSIVE A3 sized drawing of a Halloween dinosaur ) " Its for YOU !" Apparently I had expressed my liking for both Halloween and dinosaurs in her hearing.

Its a cool picture.

I brought it home.

I am fraught re tomorrows MRI and just wittering. early start tomorrow.

Eating More of DH fab lentil nd bacon homemade soup of LUSHNESS and watching Great Britsih Bake Off.
My girls & I started watching the Great British Bake off yesterday on Netflix; I watched a few more episodes today. I admit to confusion though, do I start with collection 1 or collection 7?
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:06 pm Yes I could have done it that way as well. But since I’m in Canada, you get slapped with some substantial postage fees even though my processing is supposed to be “free”,since I have the phone App.

I don’t mind supporting a local business and the cost of processing was a reasonable 30 cents Canadian/print. And their quality is excellent! I have sooo many photos already on my computer that it takes ages to upload. That was another determining factor!

Creative
Creative, I started to make CD's of my pictures when the computer seemed to get overloaded. I am now going to start using a thumb drive, they take up even less space in my desk.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:43 am Creative, I started to make CD's of my pictures when the computer seemed to get overloaded. I am now going to start using a thumb drive, they take up even less space in my desk.
Jackie I just wish I knew how to do that. I also have an external hard drive, where you highlight and drag the photos over. But I find that quite cumbersome! I think I should take advantage of some of the individual assistance the library provides with technology.

Creative
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:02 am Jackie I just wish I knew how to do that. I also have an external hard drive, where you highlight and drag the photos over. But I find that quite cumbersome! I think I should take advantage of some of the individual assistance the library provides with technology.

Creative
LOL I have to get youngest DS to give me a quick review when he is home. I can do it easily when he is around, but when I am by myself it seems it takes me much longer to do.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I have uploaded all of my pictures to the cloud and pu tthem in files to be shared by everyone sorted by sides of family and so on.