Daily Check In October 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In October 16, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:44 am

Starting us off, getting more coffee it is a two cup day.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 16, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:09 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It seems the later I stay up the earlier I awaken. After the council meeting last night I needed to unwind and thus stayed up a bit later than usual. Not a good thing when you need to get your sleep, or suffer turning into a real grouch. I am finding it more and more difficult to sit through these meetings and group sessions.

I will be running errands today as well as paying our bills online. I had thought about stripping the bed today, but I will do that tomorrow, mainly because by the time I get back from my errands, Hubby will have made the bed.

I also have a bag to drop off at one of the two second hand stores this morning. It will be nice to get those items out of the car. Hopefully when cleaning DS's closet I find even more to donate and remove from the house.

I plan on continuing the clean up of the sewing/craft room, and I will also get the machine threaded and needle changed for my next sewing marathon (I have the cut out patterns ready to go). I figure a couple of hours should see a few of them completed or near completion.

The back of Hubby's sweater is almost done. I should be able to start the front today. I see this being completed in a couple of weeks (maybe even by the end of next week).

Today is youngest DS's birthday, and we will be phoning him later this evening to wish him a happy one (also to remind him to go on facebook and thank everyone for the birthday wishes posted there).

Frugally speaking I will be going shopping with a list as usual. I have a couple of coupons, but will rely mostly on those sale items from the fliers to keep the bill as low as possible. Meals will as usual be made using items on hand (fact is my monthly menu plan only uses the food that is in the house when I make the plan up). I probably will not go for a walk this morning, but later this afternoon (I think I have become a step junkie and need to get those 10k steps in everyday, and usually a bit more).

Supper tonight will be pork chops, mixed veggies, and mashed potatoes.

Today I am grateful that the time spent paying bills is now almost nil. Just a few seconds on the computer and it is done. No more running around to pay them (well there are a few that are not online as of yet but not many).

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:09 am

Good morning Jackie and everyone,

Bright sunny day here this morning with relatively mild temperatures. I have a feeling dh will head out to golf as those days are going to be few and far inbetween. I need to go grocery shopping soon but am just finishing up yet another cup of non drowsy Neo Citran. The congestion seems to have returned and I have been sneezing non stop. It's becoming very annoying and I find my energy is drained.

I hope to have some time outside today for yard work after picking up groceries. I'm going to the store I go to the least often, but it has some very good meat sales. I also hope to post a couple of suitcases on Kijij to be given away. I may also try Facebook Marketplace.

Creative

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:29 am

We finally had some rain. Expected a cold front - but feels the same to me.

I will be whining once it really does get cold.

My dogs kept barking all night. I am so sleepy. But will go to group breakfast. Have to vent with them. :evil:

There were a couple of complaints on social media about the food bank distribution.

I cannot believe that they will find fault with people trying to help people.

"well i saw the volunteers putting big boxes in their cars" - Hello - if you volunteer, you can also get a share - how hard is that to comprehend??

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:38 am

Hello all,

Looks to be another clear day though the sun isn't up yet.

Dniece's birthday today, will send her a Happy Birthday text as I have no other way to contact her.

Slept from 9pm to5:30am, not as much as I wanted but my belly was aching as I’d scooted myself farther down so I was almost flat—couldn't breathe well there either.

Got up with hubby & restarted the modem; we were all running on cellular when we awoke instead of our wifi.

Kids have no school for rest of week, yay for Fall Break—general Deer Hunt starts on Saturday too.

Speaking of Saturday, two ladies from my knitting/spinning guild msg’d me to offer me a ride there.😊 This makes me feel sooo happy!! My group sent me a “Get Well” flower arrangement too.💛💗

My day will be more of the same: **walking, resting, walking, embroidery, walking, reading, repeat from**. 😁

Dinner is coming tonight from a friend’s Self-reliance group. Hopefully they all remember the need for gluten-free.

High Temp will be close to 70, am happy for that. I may get ds15 to put a camping chair outside for me.

rinty

Post by rinty » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:58 am

clemencia2us wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:29 am
We finally had some rain. Expected a cold front - but feels the same to me.

I will be whining once it really does get cold.

My dogs kept barking all night. I am so sleepy. But will go to group breakfast. Have to vent with them. :evil:

There were a couple of complaints on social media about the food bank distribution.

I cannot believe that they will find fault with people trying to help people.

"well i saw the volunteers putting big boxes in their cars" - Hello - if you volunteer, you can also get a share - how hard is that to comprehend??
I'll be honest Clem, I don't understand ?

Over here you have to be referred to get support from a food bank and ONLY those people would get access to food. Well meaning volunteers wouldn't be given access to it just cos they volunteered......the food wasn't meant for them in the first place. I wouldn't be happy to think my donations were being appropriated in that way.