Daily check-in October 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily check-in October 17, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Another sleepless night.. Bummer. I am plugging along. Have developed some hip and knee problems and my orthopedic Dr is booked up for months but his physician's assistant can see me in Nov. I see her for my left shoulder injections and she is good.

Teddi has been sick and barfing a lot. I have him on chicken and boiled potatoes. I hope he is going to be ok. He did ok yesterday but he made a big mess on my bed the day before. Not his fault he tried to get off of the bed but it was worse than the time before because he had eaten. Poor little guy.

Not much else going on other than trying to cook ahead which does not always seem to happen.

I am loving the cool Fall weather and we are finally starting to get a little bit of Fall color in our trees.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Re: Daily check-in October 17, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Janet, I hope you and Teddi feel better soon.

Good Morning friends,

Not much to report. I did not leave my place yesterday. I am still trying to get information to write a report for work.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone ,

Went to bed really early and fell asleep before 9:00 pm. Dh had cooked the roast and he and dd took care of the clean up afterwards. I just didn’t feel up to it and think I was fighting off a slight fever. Slept right through to 6:00 am and feel so much better!

There is walking club this morning but I’m not sure if I’m quite up to it. I have no other plans to go out today. Will just stay home and get lots of rest . If energy allows me, there’s tons of clean up work outside in the garden.

My coffee maker konked out on me this morning, not surprising considering it has served me faithfully for over 20 years. I made due with instant coffee this morning.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!
Creative
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:22 am Good morning. Another sleepless night.. Bummer. I am plugging along. Have developed some hip and knee problems and my orthopedic Dr is booked up for months but his physician's assistant can see me in Nov. I see her for my left shoulder injections and she is good.

Teddi has been sick and barfing a lot. I have him on chicken and boiled potatoes. I hope he is going to be ok. He did ok yesterday but he made a big mess on my bed the day before. Not his fault he tried to get off of the bed but it was worse than the time before because he had eaten. Poor little guy.

Not much else going on other than trying to cook ahead which does not always seem to happen.

I am loving the cool Fall weather and we are finally starting to get a little bit of Fall color in our trees.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Hope Teddi feels better soon. Shania has been barfing the past couple of days, and she isn't eating right. I think she misses the DS's.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:38 am Good morning everyone ,

Went to bed really early and fell asleep before 9:00 pm. Dh had cooked the roast and he and dd took care of the clean up afterwards. I just didn’t feel up to it and think I was fighting off a slight fever. Slept right through to 6:00 am and feel so much better!

There is walking club this morning but I’m not sure if I’m quite up to it. I have no other plans to go out today. Will just stay home and get lots of rest . If energy allows me, there’s tons of clean up work outside in the garden.

My coffee maker konked out on me this morning, not surprising considering it has served me faithfully for over 20 years. I made due with instant coffee this morning.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!
Creative
Take it easy, sometimes we start doing things before we are completely ready then have a relapse.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Still really dark here, but if I want to go for a walk and get things done around the house I need to get a move on. The second last set of bible study is today and I am so glad that I managed to get our homework completed and even work ahead a little bit.

As I said to Janet, Shania is not eating well and just like Teddi seems to be getting sick a bit more often. All this started after the DS's left. I really think she misses them as much as we do after they leave.

Frugally speaking it will be a no spend day, and I will be using up leftovers in the fridge (at least I hope). We have an early meeting just before the evening study with Father (once again he wants to talk to us). I rather dread these "meetings" as he drags on and on about what he envisions our studies to look like, how we are to behave, and by the end I am so confused that my mind is ready to burst. Perhaps this will not be the case today and it will just be a pep talk.

I haven't started the next round of sewing yet. I am working on cleaning and decluttering the closet I use as a pantry and extra storage for baking pans and such. The bottom is now cleared out and all the sewing/craft stuff that was stored there is in the sewing/craft room (I will go through that this weekend before I start to sew). I will be working on the next shelf today. Pretty sure lots will be decluttered or recycled in this task. It really is amazing how I keep finding items to rid the house of. I am up to 421 for the year so far, and I am pretty sure I will hit the 500 items removed mark.

Other frugal happenings will be the usual. As the weather is still nice (getting colder again after today) I may go out and cut down the daylilies and pull the annuals out of the garden as well.

Supper this evening is going to be the leftover turkey tetrazzini and the leftover salad. I made chocolate pudding last night so we will have that for dessert.

Today I am grateful that we have had a trip back into real fall weather. Even though I know it won't stick around for long it is wonderfully sunny and warmish.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie